Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions State is Under a New Law

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Looks like we are under Walker law. Since they just ignore any judges ruling maybe we can do away with the justice department. What planet are these people from, and why don’t they go back.

WSJ Madison dot Com Story

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

Judges are not to stop or create laws, only to uphold them and interpret them. It will be interesting to see how this plays out since there is no precedence for this. A bill passed by the Senate and the Representatives, then signed by the Governor, makes it a law. I learned that in school. The judges have no say.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Judges are not to stop or create laws, only to uphold them and interpret them.

moparkid25
    Participant

But it was ok for Obama for ram his healthcare bill thru?

I knew I said I would no longer post in any political-based threads, but I had to get that jab in :whistle:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Curious comments:

Lordairgtar,

Quote:
    Judges are not to stop or create laws, only to uphold them and interpret them.
    Quote:
    The judges have no say.

Really. Time will tell. I expect you are mistaken. From my experience, judges do have authority over laws and a governmental regulatory agency’s interpretation thereof. So while they do not create the laws, they do hold sway over the law’s implementation, which is equally powerful.

Moparkid,

Quote:
    I had to get that jab in

Off topic, incorrect, and inflammatory. Thanks! That’s what we rely on you for!

GTO Man,

They won’t go back, so long as we’re handing them a paycheck. My vote is for a general strike, to bring this state to it’s economic knees. As the song says: Perhaps they’ll listen then…

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s what we need…… a general strike…. that’ll show’em who’s running things around here. If a general strike does occur I think collective bargining will be the last thing those on strike will have to worry about. After all…………with all those unemployed people out there……..good jobs with benefits available……well, you get the picture.

moparkid25
    Participant

Paul-Underwood wrote:

Quote:
    Moparkid,

Quote:
    I had to get that jab in

Off topic, incorrect, and inflammatory. Thanks! That’s what we rely on you for!

How do you figure? The Democrats locked out the Republicans when it came to voting on the healthcare law, but I suppose that’s ok? Yes, I did have to get the jab in, BECAUSE I AM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYONE PISSING AND MOANING ABOUT WALKER’S CUTS!!! If you have a better idea, I’m all ears. It was YOUR democrat governor that put us in this mess :angry:

Paul, your a great neighbor. Always willing to help, and probably one of the nicest guy’s I know. But dammit, we need to quit discussing politics. Our views differ too much :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have an idea. Lets fire all of the State Government leadership and let the unions run the government. Problem solved!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Paul, your a great neighbor. Always willing to help, and probably one of the nicest guy’s I know. But dammit, we need to quit discussing politics. Our views differ too much

Zac,

I appreciate the kind words.

But I must beg to differ with you just a bit. I’d suggest that we need to talk politics more. Not to stir up any fight, but specifically because we do differ so much. I’d just prefer that our debate/s remain on a topical level, without resorting to inflammatory rhetoric.

Look, there are a lot of differing opinions out there, on how best to run things. That’s the nature of the world. Think how different some dude’s life is who herds sheep in Ethiopia and lives in a grass hut is from your life. Or even some family living in the Mississippi delta without running water and electricity (I’ve personally seen this one). Who’s to say that those folks perspectives are any less valid than yours or mine?

We don’t need to look any further than our own property lines to find someone we differ with, politically-speaking. Yet, look at all the common ground we’ve got too. We’re both trying to work and make a living, we both enjoy some of the same hobbies, we’ve both grown up in the same area (if not era). Still, we view politics from a different perspective.

I know forums are a difficult place to discuss touchy topics. It’s harder to accurately voice one’s opinion in writing, than in person where you can also read inflections and body language. Things can get misinterpreted. So I think it takes extra effort to communicate respectfully on a forum.

You, admittedly, tossed out a jab. I tossed one back to make a point. If all of these people with their various opinions are ever going to be able to live peacefully on this little planet, we need more civil discussion, and less jabs being thrown around. There are less-divisive topics for us to show how witty we are (like how much we “like” the DOT – not 👿 ).

I don’t look to this forum to solve all the worlds problems. So let’s not treat it as a battleground. We’ll probably always see things differently, but how about we both try to toss fewer jabs back and forth? B)

Paul

Xman
    Participant
    lordairgtar wrote:
    Judges are not to stop or create laws, only to uphold them and interpret them. It will be interesting to see how this plays out since there is no precedence for this. A bill passed by the Senate and the Representatives, then signed by the Governor, makes it a law. I learned that in school. The judges have no say.

huh, was that a teacher that told you that? It’s amazing that teachers know these things.. I love teachers.:)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    PT50Man wrote:
    I have an idea. Lets fire all of the State Government leadership and let the unions run the government. Problem solved!

:laugh:

GTO Man
    Quote:
    My vote is for a general strike, to bring this state to it’s economic knees. As the song says: Perhaps they’ll listen then…

I agree, about a general strike. Though with what the Governor is doing he may bring the State to it’s economic knees all by himself.

lordairgtar
    Participant
    Xman wrote:
    lordairgtar wrote:

huh, was that a teacher that told you that? It’s amazing that teachers know these things.. I love teachers.:)

Yes, a teacher did tell me that…or at least gave me the book that had that info in it. I love teachers too, but I don’t have to agree with their union.

RivFan
    Participant

I used to enjoy visting this forum because of the car related content. I rarely visit the site any more because of threads like this. Not sure what any of this has to do with Wisconsin Collector Cars… Just my $0.02.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.