Welcome Forum Car Shows Summer Cruisers Cruise Nights

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Since the season is winding down we are going to have a feature similar to “rate the car show” except this applies to cruise nights. Rather than rate each individual cruise each week, you can rate the Wisconsin Summer Cruiser Cruise Nights overall as a whole. Please say what you liked and what you might change for next year!

To rate the cruise nights, simply click on the Message dropdown and select “Rate The Cruise Nights” and then add your comments and letter grade for each category:
    ratecruise.jpg

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Rate The Cruise Night:
    Accessibility (easy to get to): Good
    Parking Location: Good but limited good spots to park (one side of building)
    Entertainment: Good
    Food: Not Good, poor service most nights
    Prizes: Good
    Timing (day/hours): Good
    Variety of Cars (week-to-week): Good
    Suggestions: Have this on Monday evening and at a different place like Arbys on East Wash

Overall Rating: Pretty good

GTO Man

Rate The Cruise Night:
    Accessibility (easy to get to): B+ Easy to find in Sun Prairie. Pretty good drive from the west side of Madison.
    Parking Location: B Nice lot to park in but there are a limited number of spots. Need to get there early for prime location.
    Entertainment: A- Good music and PA system.
    Food: C
    Prizes: B Seemed like nice prizes when I was there.
    Timing (day/hours): B Only issue is conflicts with other cruise-in’s in the area.
    Variety of Cars (week-to-week): A
    Suggestions: I had a good time when I went. People were friendly and there were alot of nice cars.

Overall Rating: B

Amigo2k

Rate The Cruise Night:
    Accessibility (easy to get to): A (a bit of construction on the way there)
    Parking Location: A bit pinched when more then 25 cars showed up.
    Entertainment: decent sound system
    Food: It’s Wendy’s …. But I love frosties!
    Prizes: Yup they have some
    Timing (day/hours): Normal time 6ish-8ish ….
    Variety of Cars (week-to-week): A little bit of everything
    Suggestions: Once a month pick a different place and spread the love of cars to other parts of the Madison area. More cars will show up at different places. Pick a different night other then Tuesdays

Overall Rating: -A

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do ya think the Cruisers could get something going occasionally on the south side of town or the west side of town? Maybe if it was only once a month, or so. How about the Culver’s off of Fish Hatchery and the Beltline or the Culver’s in Verona?

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Marshall,

Do you know of a place on the west side with a big enough parking lot? If we could get that problem solved that would be one step closer to having a cruise on the west side. ALso maybe it would be good to have one on Thursday? That would spread it out from the other cruises but still leave it far enough away from the sat/sun weekend shows.

Rate The Cruise Night:
    Accessibility (easy to get to): B- Its easy to find in Sun Prairie but it is a pain to get out there with traffic
    Parking Location: B – Good location but limited number of spots, its hard to find any place with a huge lot though
    Entertainment: A – Good music, not too loud but could be heard everywhere
    Food: C – just the usual stuff at Wendys
    Prizes: A – lots of door prizes and giveaways, stuff going on all night!
    Timing (day/hours): A – its far enough away from the weekend being on Tuesday, and the hours are the usual times
    Variety of Cars (week-to-week): B – lots of cars, new things to see each week
    Suggestions: Keep up the good work, maybe could find a way to park cars in the back part of the lot too so there would be more room next year

Overall Rating: A

Amigo2k
    Quote:
    Do ya think the Cruisers could get something going occasionally on the south side of town or the west side of town? Maybe if it was only once a month, or so. How about the Culver’s off of Fish Hatchery and the Beltline or the Culver’s in Verona?

Marshall

I’m planning on writing a nice letter to the Steak and lube sometime during the winter to see if they can change their car cruise in date to Thursday….

I’ll post details and request other do the same to help find a great spot for us to hang out on the west side.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks to everyone for thier excellent comments. I want to let everyone know that we are currently working with several locations throughout the Madison area to have Cruisers Nights at less once per month on the West Side, East Side and South Side of town. We will let everyone know when we have finalized these plans.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Amigo-2k,I have some information I will send to you via PM.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’m also interested in this cruise idea, check your Private Messages.

circletrack
    Participant

There is no reason there need to be so many cruise nights on the same night, the Road Apples started with Tuesdays years ago, and yes according to the suggestions here it would be nice to spread things out a bit. I do wonder though if you attend an event Saturday and/or Sunday if you’ll feel like attending multiple events during the week also. One has to find time for family and yardwork somewhere as most work full time jobs to afford our “habits” :)

Personally, I’ve never liked any events on Sunday nights. If I’m out all day in the heat, the last thing I want is something Sunday night.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.