We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip The Best Feeling In The World (Car Related)

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would say one of the best feelings in the world is when you have finished cleaning and detailing your car inside and out. When it’s all said and done, you just pull up a chair, sit in your driveway and admire your handy work with a cold drink in hand.

I spent this afternoon/evening going through the paces of washing the Mustang and giving it the claybar treatment. I followed with the wax and comeplete detail, clean the engine and interior. I’m a happy camper.

Now I just relax and watch traffic check out my car while I relax. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

One of the best feelings for me is accomplishing something that I thought I couldn’t do. This past weekend I helped replace a head gasket on a friend’s Opel GT. I have done more minor repair work: brakes, water pump, radiator, valve cover gaskets, etc but never something that involved taking an engine apart and putting it back together. I found that it really isn’t that hard to do as I had imagined. Add to that the satisfaction of putting everything back together and starting up the engine and having no leaks and it was a very uplifting experience. My own Opel Manta needs some head work and I am more inclined now to attempt it than I was just a week ago. I truly enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that I did a repair job rather than paying someone else to do it. icon_biggrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to agree Opeler. When you go into a venture with very little prior knowledge and finish the job to perfection it has it’s own special reward. What also adds to the appreciation is when you get a good idea of how much it would cost to fix if you would have an outside shop perform the work. The gain a sense of how much money you save and your increased know how of rebuild and repair.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I have to agree Opeler. When you go into a venture with very little prior knowledge and finish the job to perfection it has it’s own special reward. What also adds to the appreciation is when you get a good idea of how much it would cost to fix if you would have an outside shop perform the work. The gain a sense of how much money you save and your increased know how of rebuild and repair.

Yes I agree. There is such a sense of satisfaction after completing something that you previously thought you couldn’t do! icon_cheesygrin.gif

GTO Man

Like has been said you get a sense of satisfaction doing a job yourself. I really enjoy detailing the cars no matter how long it takes. I
    haven’t done anything major mechanically but try and do as much as my knowledge will let me do.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.