Welcome Forum The Lounge The Federal Bailout

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

The people who have created the bailout are as bad as the ones receiving it.

Bail-Outrage: Misuse of Funds, Lack of Transparency a National Disgrace

Fed Defies Transparency Aim in Refusal to Disclose

A Quiet Windfall For U.S. Banks

AIG bailout means facials, pedicures

Lawmaker says AIG executive should resign after resort event

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Business as usual except this time it’s not your congressman who’s screwing you… at least not directly!

jonmandude
    Participant

The fact that it was going to the banks and not to the problem should have been a clue. It should have went to pay off the bad loans, or at least help the people struggling with the bad loans, not to the banks carrying those loans. Once again our government “for the people” proved to be only only for the rich people to get richer off of the rest of us.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Look at all the little piggies, with their piggy wives,
    clutching forks and knives,
    to eat the bacon!

GTO Man

They have changed directions so many times I don’t have any idea what they are planning on doing. Paulson is completely inept. Bush is showing what kind of a leader he is in a time of crisis, he isn’t.

Obama has done a great job of giving the people some confidence that the next President is taking this crisis seriously. He is putting a team in place that will hit it head-on. Bush and Paulson’s response has been to bail out their rich friends.

jonmandude
    Participant

It is a “let’s grab all that we can before Bush is out of office” game of late. I guess I will never understand the rich mentality that assumes their bank account is more important than the nation they live in.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.