Welcome Forum Car Shows Trecek

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

If you went to the Trecek Car Show, how was it?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    marvelous
    Participant

Sorry, Garibaldi, I didn’t see you poll on the Trecek show. I made a seperate entry on the show. As I stated, it was a great show.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We went and it was an okay show. The weather was great, but unfortunately being on asphalt you can’t really put up a canopy! Participant judging left something to be desired in some classes. Some really great cars went home empty handed – while some other not so great cars went home with trophies icon_scratch.gif . I prefer judging being done by “real” judges. But all in all it was a good show with pretty good turnout.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hey marvelous, no problem, I was slow in making this topic anyways. I’ll just copy your post over here too:

Quote:
    Great show. Great weather. Great cars. Great food and drinks. The only improvement that I could see is a couple of porta potties for outside. Long lines inside. Very friendly people there. Its on my list for next year.

If you guys want could you rate the show at the top (A,B,C,D, or F)?

I think that this was one of the best shows if not the best of the year. First off I’ll start with the weather, it was just about perfect all day long – good driving up, being at the show, and coming back. The show had a good turnout, well over 100 cars. There were lots of very nice ones, as well as quite a few that I haven’t seen before. There were a lot of friendly people to talk to there, which makes it all the better. Also was lucky to have a spot on the side of the building with shade practically all day, can’t beat that!

I’m giving this a rating of A+!!

marvelous
    Participant

the show was a+

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d give it a solid B.

I like the idea that the canned food donations (in lieu of a registration fee) was going to a local food pantry. It looked like many of the car owners spent much more than $10 or $15 on canned food, so the worthy cause aspect was great.

I liked the location and the drive up Highway 51 was nice in the early morning. The asphalt was a little warm, but my neighbors had an easy-up and invited me in, so that part of the show wasn’t troublesome.

I think they could have created just a few more classes. I was in the stock 1960 to 1965 class (class E), which had at least 20 to 35 cars in it. Being that Trecek is a Chevy/GM dealership, the Chevys did very well. In all fairness, I must say that there were several very nice Chevys, and SS’s, and convertibles on top of that, that are always unbeatable. I would have liked to have seen a separate Mustang Class, which could have included vintage and new. There was at least 6 or 7 other Mustangs in the show beside mine.

I will definitely attend this show next year.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s a good point Marshall about the classes, they really should have had more. The only class that was really seperate was corvettes.

GTO Man

I would give Trecek an A-. It was a nice relaxing show. They had good food and allot of nice cars. I didn’t win anything but it was nice talking with the participants.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.