Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Tucker Convertible to Auction

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Looks like the Tucker convertible from Benchmark Classics will be going to auction in January. It will be auctioned by Russ and Steele in Scottsdale January 20-24.

Old Cars Weekly Article

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I doubt Shirley Tucker had much to do with day to day operations at the Tucker factory.

circletrack
    Participant

While that may be true, if this is the one and only convertible EVER ~ the family would know about it.

GTO Man

Not necessarily, if he was doing it as a surprise.

Amigo2k

There was minor damage to the Tucker (if sold Benchmark will fix before handing it over to the new owner):

http://www.sportscardigest.com/russo-and-steele-resumes/

The car will be auctioned off on Sunday ….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was watching the B/J auction last night, and saw Al Jardine’s 71 Plymouth Hemi Cuda go across the auction block. I remember thinking that the car didn’t bring near the money as it should have, including the autographed Fender Stratocaster that went with the car.

I wasn’t aware that there were questions about the background, authenticity or provenance of that car. What were the issues with this car?

Marshall

GTO Man

The Tucker will go across the block at about 8:30pm our time. Great list of cars being sold at Russo and Steele.

GTO Man

Link to live broadcast from Russo and Steele
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/r-n-a

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since Russo & Steele is a “all reserve” auction, does anyone know what the reserve might be on this car?

circletrack
    Participant

I would guess well over a million?

Amigo2k

zero cars sold for a million this weekend at BJ so I it will be that much harder to hit a million at Russo

circletrack
    Participant

Anyone know what the highest one was? I haven’t been able to watch that much of it, the cars don’t seem to be bringing in the big dollars this year.

Amigo2k

Well it got up to 1.4 million and then the bid went on and they said they had 2 bidders and the owner had not dropped the reserve so they would continue with them.

I hope they come to terms because that would be a nice amount of money to put back into the company…..

[img]https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/tucker.JPG[/img]

GTO Man

$1.4 million has been bid, but didn’t meet reserve. In negotiations to sell it.

circletrack
    Participant

I would’ve taken that money and ran! Let’s hope they can make a deal and it doesn’t come back to haunt them.

GTO Man

Looks like the car was a no sale at 1.4m. Reserve was rumored to be 1.5m.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.