Welcome Forum The Drag Strip TV Dream Car

• This topic has 27 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 19 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A lot of TV series have special cars in them. Starsky and Hutch etc.
    Which show and car did you dream of having one day.

I always thought Magnum P I s Ferrari was the best
    I also liked the KITT car from Knight Rider

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

2004cadillac16concept8ss.jpg

Too bad they will never produce it.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    2004cadillac16concept8ss.jpg

Too bad they will never produce it.

Wow, nice! Its really too bad…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anybody remember the NBC tv show Hunter that aired in the late 80’s/early 90’s? It starred Fred Dwyer and Stephanie Krammer. Stephanie Krammer’s character drove a Dodge Daytona like this:

90103351990415LRG.jpg

Well call me crazy, and they often do icon_cheesygrin.gif , but if I ever came across one I would be curious enough to buy it and see what I can do to make it reach it’s full potential. I honestly felt that Dodge could have done more to it but were rather restrained due to the issues of the period with insurance and gas mileage.

Perhaps do engine work to the existing motor and install a better turbo system or if possible, swap the engine and install a Hemi. A Hemi would make it great for the drags and messing with the exisiting motor to improve would make it ideal for the road course.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Nice car! I had never seen the show but from what you’ve said it sounds cool. Are there any repeats on now?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I remember TBS would air episodes of the show awhile back but finding an air date is few and far between. I do know that it is avaliable on DVD but I would recommend catching a few episodes on the tube before commiting. You know how disatrous investmetns in media entertainment can be.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I remember TBS would air episodes of the show awhile back but finding an air date is few and far between. I do know that it is avaliable on DVD but I would recommend catching a few episodes on the tube before commiting. You know how disatrous investmetns in media entertainment can be.

Oh yeah. I’ve got several box sets of Sg-1, Babylon 5, and Seinfeld. They are pricy and you’ve got to be sure you want it before you buy it. A good resource is Half.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

TV show DVD boxsets are really the only DVD’s I’ll buy. Movies have to really grab my attention in order to buy. I have all SG-1’s, Smallville, Playmakers, Twin Peaks, Rides, V: The Series, SLiders and I’m building on Silk Stalkings.

Speaking of Silk Stalkings. One of the characters drove a really nice Jeep Renegade. Seemed like a really nice cruiser and their resale value is high! I came acros a 91 Renegade with the asking price of $9,000! It had normal wear and tear but that just floored me. Then upon further review I learned that all Jeep Wranglers and their derivations have a high resale value. This is what the Renegade looks like.

Mvc-090f.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yep, I have all of Sliders on VHS and ST: VGR. I don’t buy a whole lot of movies either, I feel that you can rewatch tv shows alot more.

That’s a nice Renegade! Did you end up buying it or not?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I never did, it would be nice to have one, especially now. I feel that I could still make a profit from a limited edition.

Did we mention the ‘Cuda that was on Nash Bridges? That was a nice ride.

It seems like that needs to be a signature requirement for every cop based TV show, a flashy or signature car.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I never did, it would be nice to have one, especially now. I feel that I could still make a profit from a limited edition.

Did we mention the ‘Cuda that was on Nash Bridges? That was a nice ride.

It seems like that needs to be a signature requirement for every cop based TV show, a flashy or signature car.

The Ford Torino in Starsky and Hutch is another example of that, a flashy police car.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It was your typical chopped Merc leadsled. There was also one in “American Grafitti”, but my favorite movie wish-car was the ’55 Chevy driven by Harrison Ford in that same movie. I know this is a TV show question, but it is sort of connected by the “Cobra” Merc reference. icon_biggrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I think Columbo drove an old Toyota.

Robert Urich drove a ’57 T-bird in Vegas.

I know Columbo’s car looks weird, but it is not a “spring roll”, it is a Peugeot 403 Cabriolet.

As “The Saint” Simon Templar has an immaculate VOLVO 1800 Coupé.

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.