Welcome Forum Car Shows Types of Cars at Shows

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What cars would you like to see more of at Car Shows? Which makes and models are over represented at Car Shows?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to see more of the classic cruisers from the late 40s and early 50s. My personal favorites are the Fords from that period. IMO, the muscle car era is well represented nowadays. It would also be nice to see more 72 -75 (end of the muscle car era) vehicles represented at the shows, also.

Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant

Around here, I would like to see more Mopars…There’s plenty of GM and Ford stuff to go around (no offense).

I would also like to see more classic trucks, like the Chevy LUV wave.gif

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I’d agree that the muscle car group is huge now. I would like to see more custom rods, 40’s cruisers, and yes, more GOOD tuners.

I emphasize “good” because too many of the younger tuners really dont take the time to think through a car project as whole…its like the saying goes: they cant see the forest, only trees. I think thats why the modern tuners kinda get a bad reputation.

jonmandude
    Participant
    Quote:
    I’d agree that the muscle car group is huge now. I would like to see more custom rods, 40’s cruisers, and yes, more GOOD tuners.

I emphasize “good” because too many of the younger tuners really dont take the time to think through a car project as whole…its like the saying goes: they cant see the forest, only trees. I think thats why the modern tuners kinda get a bad reputation.

I would also like to see more quality tuners. But I disagree with why they aren’t common….money. Most tuners are owned by younger car owners, and younger car owners like to use their money differently. As we get older, we start to plan our spending more.

And the tuners don’t get respect because of the thumping ass stereos. Not everybody enjoys that type of music. It goes back to respect, to get it you have to give it, and playing music too loud that others may not appreciate is not respectful.

GTO Man

Some vehicles I wouldn’t mind seeing more of at the shows are older cars like Hudson’s, trucks from the 30’s to 70’s, tuners, and some of the outrageous finned cars.

Amigo2k

I too would enjoy seeing more cars from the 40’s, tuners, and Resto Rods (like a 50’s to early chevy with a LT1 with an Air Ride system; these are more common on the west coast)

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant
    Quote:
    And the tuners don’t get respect because of the thumping ass stereos. Not everybody enjoys that type of music. It goes back to respect, to get it you have to give it, and playing music too loud that others may not appreciate is not respectful.

I’d partially agree with that. At shows, stereos should be off, definatly. But the A/V tuners make up for only a part of the group as a whole.

I do agree with the money aspect of it. Being younger, they dont have the income that someone twice their age may have in terms of disposable income.

GTO Man

Another marque I would like to see more of is Packard, especially ones from the 1930’s. Actually any of the rare 30’s cars with the large engines.

jonmandude
    Participant

Maybe some REAL classics, cars from before 1950. You really don’t see them anymore except in parades. And maybe some classic exotics. How about some real race cars, Formula one Lola’s and the like.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys,

I’m from India. I have seen different types of car, but now my favourite is Honda Verna. This is my dream to buy it and go for long trip :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.