Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Unruly participants/cars not parked in correct….

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Unruly Participants / vehicles not parked in correct classes-

This is another thread we should have some discussion. How do we get set up a format to keep cars parked in the correct classes?
    -My suggestion would be to have a formal checklist at registration with a few questions about each vehicle so when its judged, the judges know what to look for a bit more closely. Set up something to keep fully restored cars out of a survivor class, or a modded car out of a stock class, etc. At most of the shows the judges will determine if a vehicle is in the wrong class, so maybe we could configure something to aid the judges to help them determine more easily?

How do you deal with someone who wants to argue with you over this matter?
    -I’ve got my own ways, but there not the most professional :P What would some suggestions be to enlighten the vehicle owner why there car has been moved?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Zac,

You raise a very good point and important question about classes.

It seems to me that the show organizers/promoters need to decide whether the car owner will select the class their car will compete in, or the show promoters/organizers will determine which class a car competes in. This needs to be consistent for all cars competing.

For example, Fox Lake determines what class your car will compete in when you drive into the show, whether we as car owners agree or not. Some of the shows we attend leave it up to the car owner to decide what class to compete in. So long as this policy is consistent, I don’t have a problem with either way.

Based on the class structure at each show, some car owners can decide for themselves whether a stock class versus a convertible class is appropriate, or the survivor/unrestored class is more appropriate than the special interest class, or etc.

For me, my choices are pretty clear. If there is a vintage Mustang class, I compete in that class. If not, I usually compete in a factory stock class, usually 1960 – 1969. It was difficult for me this year at Beaver Dam, as vintage Mustangs were “invited” to compete in the Special Interest class with Corvettes, Sports Cars, Dune Buggies, Hearses, Motorcycles, and ?????

Marshall

GTO Man

Would you rather the organizer pick the class your car is in or would you rather pick the class?

In a serious show I would rather have the organizer pick the class.

moparkid25
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    Would you rather the organizer pick the class your car is in or would you rather pick the class?

In a serious show I would rather have the organizer pick the class.

As long as your car is placed in the correct class, and you are competing against the same style of cars (stock, modified, survivor, etc.) I would have no problem being told what class to park in.

With survivor cars becoming more and more popular, what about classifying survivors by years, like 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, and 90-twenty years old? Would this make it more competitive, or would it clutter up a show? Having a 70’s survivor car competing against a 1990 model can have its ups and downs.

circletrack
    Participant

I would rather pick the class I want my car in… I’ve been to many shows where the guys working the front gate tell you what class you should be in, but don’t have a clue what they are looking at.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.