Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Updated Info For My Madison Friends…………..

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am going to bring the Fastback off of the road for the rest of 2006….

Around late July or early August, the fastback will be off of the road for the rest of the show car year. I am going to start a project that should have been done early on. I am going to pull the motor, detail the engine bay, and put a year correct, A code 289, 4 barrel V8, back in the car. My car is currently running a Hi Po Clone motor that is not year correct, and I am going to correct this and make the car competitive! I won’t be able to show the car in August or September or October, but rest asssured, when my car comes back out in May of 2007, you can be assured that it will be year correct, color correct and ready to compete.

Thanks to SuperCruiser and to other member of the Wisconsin Summer Criusers for info and encouragement to take this car to the next level.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Beaver Dam this Sunday!

Marshall

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Sounds like a good plan. I know thats a tough decision to make. Where do you get a year correct engine from?

circletrack
    Participant

Wow, the season is just starting… I’d go through most of the summer before I did something like that, but it’s your call. Best of luck to you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well,
    I know that the timing is all wrong, but I’ve always been rather impulsive and being that there is “no better time than the present”, I need to get this done. I hope to be back on the road in September for the tail end of the season, maybe for those final few shows (Taste of Portage and Cross Plains). I am not satisfied with the motor, although I hope the block and the internals will be OK. My car was OE, A Code, V8, Autolite 4100 4Vm equipped and I have known all along that the PO tried to build what only looked like a K Code HiPo motor, so I am going to correct this. So while the motor is out and the engine bay is empty, I will go ahead and detail this area also.

I will be without a car, but I can still make a show every now and again with the digital camera.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Godspeed Marshall, I hope it all goes well and you’ll be back and cruising in no time. I hope that you will still attend the shows, the real fun of going to shows is getting to talk to car guys like yourself – its about the people too and not just the cars.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The immediate issue on the fastback is carburetor problems. So, I took off the Holley 4V and took it to Performance Carburetor (Thanks Ponies!). In cross referencing the model number, this carb actually belongs on an early Chevelle 327. But, based on everything else I have learned about this fastback over the past two years, What Else Is New!

The good news is I should have a totally rebuilt carb back in a week for very little money. I think I can make this Holley work until I pull the motor in July or August.

This gentleman that I am referring to, Performance Carburetor, works out of his house and has been doing carburetor work for about 25 years now. I heard about him from another “old car guy” at the Verona Show who has referred alot of people to him over the years. He typically doesn’t answer his phone and doesn’t return phone calls, so you will have to drive out with your carburetor. He does have a listing in the yellow pages of the phone book.

Marshall

GTO Man

I know who you are talking about, Gary Prescott. He has done all our carburetor work and is a real expert.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.