Welcome Forum The Lounge UW-Madison Sees Applications Drop

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Hopefully this won’t continue, its one of the few good things this country has going for it, young people getting educated.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Yeah, but the cost of education is no longer offset by the salary after graduation. Statistically my generation will the the first generation in U.S history to actually be poorer than our parents…and that is directly tied to the cost of admission.

When I was in UW, I saw my tuition triple over the course of 4 years.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

The other thing affecting applications is student aid availability…its pretty much non-existant now, especially if you are white. If you cant get financial aid, you cant really apply.

Its actually a pretty harsh downward spiral.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Don’t you know, we white people are given sacks of money at birth and our careers are pretty much mapped out by the government.

moparkid25
    Participant

lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:
    Don’t you know, we white people are given sacks of money at birth and our careers are pretty much mapped out by the government.

:whistle:

Anonymous
    Inactive

lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:

That one made me laugh this morning.

Actually, if UW Madison is losing attendance that could be a good thing. Maybe they will try to pull away from being Berkeley East.

Tech schools have closed the gap. MATC systems credits now transfer to all UW schools and frankly, you don’t need a college education to have a good job. Sorry, I know many people that have no college education and make a hell of a lot more then I do.

UW might want to market itself better then. It is a top tier school so it has to go for the top tier students.

GTO Man

The reason for the drop in applications is all economic. It is a great school which has become somewhat elitist. Many of the programs require nearly a 4.0 to get in the first year. They are attracting the best students. It is good that the Technical school education is just as good in producing good jobs, and in many cases better.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.