Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Very Surprised

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

One of the most shocking headlines I have seen: American TV Closing all it’s Stores

Channel 3000 Story

Another long time Madison retailer ending it’s run.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Pathetic all the shoppers at American TV today now that they are going out of business. Probably many of those same people checked out merchandise there and ordered online.

circletrack
    Participant

Heard several stories of the prices rising since they announced they were going under… I’ve never bought much there, but it’s a shame they feel the need to take advantage of people even more. No thanks

Amigo2k

I went into American today check out the deals … the parking lot was jammed full and stuff was flying out the door (when I left the line of cars was a quarter mile long waiting to get in)… I wasn’t really looking for anything but thought I would take a look … pretty much everything was 5-10% off the full retail price, yet folks were grabbing up stuff like it was 90% off …

Here is an example of a 60″ TV:

1920204_10153821514350705_1628458894_n.jpg

If you want to you can buy the same tv online from for a 150 bucks cheaper then the “Store Closing deal” ….

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CPHpkfPX4LwCFcY-MgodkHEADw&Item=N82E16889005488&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Plasma+TV-_-N82E16889005488&ef_id=UwkXuwAABFZoFjPk%3A20140222213347%3As

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I had the same observation as Ryan – if anything prices seemed higher than what you would normally expect them to be when “on sale” from the MSRP price.

GTO Man

And it isn’t surprising another Wisconsin retailer going out of business sale has prices higher than before the sale.

circletrack
    Participant

Best Buy has better prices, and I’ve heard Brothers Main is matching prices.

I always think sales like this are likely scams, they know people are going to come through the doors, and everyone thinks they are getting a deal – not

moparkid25
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    Best Buy has better prices, and I’ve heard Brothers Main is matching prices.

I always think sales like this are likely scams, they know people are going to come through the doors, and everyone thinks they are getting a deal – not

I have never had a good experience with Brothers Main. Bought from them two times, the first time when they screwed up I asked the owner if he would be in the store on monday, because that when I’ll be back with a return… He suddenly found the missing pieces to my appliance puzzle. The second time they called to tell me my new refrigerator was in, but I had to pick it up on the east side. I go there and they tell me its not in. I call my salesman on the west side asking WTF and all he could say is “well the computer says its here.” The east side guys ended up giving me a different fridge that was bigger and more expensive than the one I originally ordered. What a cluster****.

circletrack
    Participant

Yes, heard horror stories about them all. We’ve always purchased our appliances through Sears and never had a problem

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.