Welcome Forum Car Shows Videos!! Classics at Volo

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Did anyone look at these?

Amigo2k

looks good to me. I could see short video’s from car shows with maybe an interview of the owner…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s what I was thinking! It would be a nice way for the owner to personalize a profile of their car plus others could then check it out online. It could also be a nice way to put a car up for sale online… interviewing both the owner and having a full detailed video instead of just photos. I have a few from the US Marshall’s auction this weekend that I will upload soon too

moparkid25
    Participant

Volo is EVIL!!! They sell cars that are not real and don’t do there homework before they take the sale on!! I have had many of my customers give negative feedback about dealing with Jay and Brian Grams. I went there a few times myself, I wasn’t impressed with a lot that I saw, I wasn’t impressed that they overbid all there appraisals, and the cars that do have documentation they still want more than market value!!!

icon_headbang.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Volo is EVIL!!! They sell cars that are not real and don’t do there homework before they take the sale on!! I have had many of my customers give negative feedback about dealing with Jay and Brian Grams. I went there a few times myself, I wasn’t impressed with a lot that I saw, I wasn’t impressed that they overbid all there appraisals, and the cars that do have documentation they still want more than market value!!!

icon_headbang.gif

What shop do you work for?

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    What shop do you work for?

I fill in at House of Horsepower, along with my full time job for a local Chevrolet dealership. Soon I will be starting an appraisal business appraising collector cars for what they’re worth, not what people have paid. I figure it’s time to get someone in the area who is fair and has no problems telling a customer they overpaid if such a case were to occur.

Back to the Volo story…

Last summer, a good friend of mine bought what he thought was a very good investment Mopar. He bought this without me looking at it, and taking the word of Volo that the car was real. It was not a numbers matching engine (which he did know before the sale) but was supposed to be a numbers car. The stamps on the core support, cowl, and the trunk under the weatherstrip matched the VIN. These parts can be replaced on to other cars with the help of a skilled body man, often what I refer to as a “re-bodied” car. There is no problem with this, or a “clone” as long as you aknowledge it during a sale. This was a beautiful #1 car, and it did win at many shows.

It was at a Mopar show where contraversy first sparked. Many in our community (Mopar people, that is) spoke of this car a clone. About a week later I looked at the car, and found two things in the first two minutes I didn’t like. There was no documentation with the vehicle, so I immediately recommend that he call Galen Govier. Galen inspected the car and found that it was pieced together from many different Mopar vehicles by stamping numbers on the parts.

In the end, Volo bought the car back. They had it on consignment for the owner who fought him the whole way. Numbers don’t lie.

I was along on the trip to deliver the car back to Volo, the last words were “Can we keep this quiet?” and “Tell Galen that we made it right with you.”

I visit there website occasionally, just to see what they have. However, I recommend to anyone thinking of buying a car from Volo to check it out to the fullest and have your own appraiser appraise the vehicle prior to the sale.

$200 to find out a car isn’t worth $200,000 isn’t a bad loss, where $200,000 out on a $50,000 car is.

icon_headbang.gif

GTO Man

I think you need to be very careful about any car you buy whether it is at a dealer or not. . They are in it to make money. Volo is a fun place to go and look at some cars.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I think you need to be very careful about any car you buy whether it is at a dealer or not… They are in it to make money. Volo is a fun place to go and look at some cars.

I agree 100%. I, myself, like to know as much history about a car I’m purchasing as I can, not only does it make me feel more comfortable about buying something, but I have the story to go with it. There is a lot of very reputable collector car brokers out there, but there is also a lot of crooks too. No matter what you buy (from a broker or a private party) there will be some amount of work involved whether its personal customization or minor repairs.

When I was looking to buy my first Dodge Charger, I almost bought one from Volo-a ’70 383 auto car. It was nice and had paperwork with it. I didn’t buy this one, however I was close. But this was before the muscle car market got out of control too.

icon_headbang.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Would you ever consider buying a car off of ebay or another online place (ie paying a professional to inspect it first), or would you want to make a visual inspection yourself?

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Would you ever consider buying a car off of ebay or another online place (ie paying a professional to inspect it first), or would you want to make a visual inspection yourself?

I would look at it before bidding. If it was too far away, I would hire someone with a good reputation to look at it and inspect it for me.

I sold two of my cars on ebay last year. Both sales went well, both cars were bought sight unseen (except for the pictures) and both buyers were extremely pleased with the cars!

icon_headbang.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I would look at it before bidding. If it was too far away, I would hire someone with a good reputation to look at it and inspect it for me.

I sold two of my cars on ebay last year. Both sales went well, both cars were bought sight unseen (except for the pictures) and both buyers were extremely pleased with the cars!

icon_headbang.gif

This post is getting off topic BUT I’ve sold bought and sold several vehicles on Ebay and, like everything else, it’s buyer beware.

My last three personal vehicles…two Lincolns and an F-150 all came from Ebay and all from out of state… Florida, Ohio and Kentucky.

And I also purchased a ’54 Triumph TR2 from a seller in Tennessee in December.

Do your homework, ask for documentation and don’t hand over the $$$ until you are comfortable with the deal.

I doubt if Volo is any worse than any other dealer. They depend upon an honest consignor to provide them with the info on the cars that they consign. They could have told the buyer to ‘sue ’em’ and it would have cost thousands in legal fees to get a settlement.

Any dealer that’s willing to buy back a car to settle a dispute is pretty rare…

GTO Man

That has to be one of the earliest Triumph’s.

That is very true, any dealer willing to buy back a vehicle is the exception rather than the rule.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.