Welcome Forum Car Shows Weaver Auto Parts Autofest

• Creator
    Topic
    Gunner
    Participant

I’m not a promoter and I don’t have a financial interest in this show, but if you’re going to this show, and looking to save a few dollars, discount tickets are now available at any Weaver Auto Parts store for $12.00. Admission at the event is $15.00

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Is this the show they had at the Alliant Energy Center last year?

Amigo2k

yes … about 20 cars … and 4 vendors … 75% of the cars are the same ones you see at all the local shows …

jonmandude
    Participant

Hate to say it, but maybe 76% of the cars are the same ones you see locally. I got a call last night that someone backed out and the spot is paid for. I was asked if I wanted it. I figure..what the heck, could be a hoot to be in an indoor show

GTO Man

Looks like a good weekend to take in an indoor show. Nice to see a Madison based event, we don’t have enough of them.

jonmandude
    Participant

A little preview for y’all. I was in at about 1:00 to set up.
    IMG_20150327_150840022_zpskarqjizv.jpg

IMG_20150327_150701266_HDR_zpshn6knrmk.jpg

I could spend DAYS looking at this car. Oh my GOD. The details….the details
    IMG_20150327_150317177_zpsvkyxnhnb.jpg

IMG_20150327_145056389_HDR_zpsnp14zx9j.jpg

circletrack
    Participant

Great crowd today, I think they should be pleased! Recoil is great to look at, just when you thought you’ve seen everything – something new catches your eye

jonmandude
    Participant

I think I could spend a month non-stop and still find something on that car.

That 59 Impala is pretty spectacular too

jonmandude
    Participant

Emailed the people who put on this show with my “observations”. I expressed the tight way they packed the cars together, while large areas were wide open along the outside. I commented on how parking the cars this way meant visitors and their children were walking between cars to see other cars. I suggested putting the vendors along the outer edges and more space could be placed between cars.

I also shared the feeling that every person I spoke with did not like…..having to pay for parking after we already paid a stupid amount to display in this show.

Basically they told me they didn’t care.

The parking and wide open edges they said

“Each car was given a 10’x20′ space and people were allowed to put up barriers. The open spaces along the edges were because of fire codes”…..really? So you can’t space people out just a little more and you have to leave wide open unused area because of fire codes….but it is ok for people to put their chairs up and sit in those areas? Bullshit

And the parking and stupid entrance fee

“Our fees are less than any other indoor show of this type” and “the parking fees are expected at any event like this”

What this tells me is this show can kiss my ass. It is a money grab, nothing more. They think $40 to show your car in tight space is a bargain. And they see nothing wrong with charging people who are showing their car an additional parking fee each day, including just to load out.

As much as it would be nice to have a QUALITY show at the AEC, this show can die for all I care

moparkid25
    Participant
    jonmandude wrote:
    Emailed the people who put on this show with my “observations”. I expressed the tight way they packed the cars together, while large areas were wide open along the outside. I commented on how parking the cars this way meant visitors and their children were walking between cars to see other cars. I suggested putting the vendors along the outer edges and more space could be placed between cars.

I also shared the feeling that every person I spoke with did not like…..having to pay for parking after we already paid a stupid amount to display in this show.

Basically they told me they didn’t care.

The parking and wide open edges they said

“Each car was given a 10’x20′ space and people were allowed to put up barriers. The open spaces along the edges were because of fire codes”…..really? So you can’t space people out just a little more and you have to leave wide open unused area because of fire codes….but it is ok for people to put their chairs up and sit in those areas? Bullshit

And the parking and stupid entrance fee

“Our fees are less than any other indoor show of this type” and “the parking fees are expected at any event like this”

What this tells me is this show can kiss my ass. It is a money grab, nothing more. They think $40 to show your car in tight space is a bargain. And they see nothing wrong with charging people who are showing their car an additional parking fee each day, including just to load out.

As much as it would be nice to have a QUALITY show at the AEC, this show can die for all I care

Car show for profit, its all about the Benjamins, not the passion behind the hobby.

I was going to come in on Sunday, but then decided to find something better to do.

circletrack
    Participant

I will say World of Wheels in Milwaukee is more expensive, we had to pay for parking there also.. and we rented a hotel room for two nights versus driving back and forth. Events like this are meant to be fun, I can’t imagine they make that much money – the rent on the building had to be huge. Just saying..

Amigo2k

The rent on the room isn’t that bad … I’ve hosted similar sized events (building size) there at the Alliant Energy center and we were charged about 4k a day for the rooms (event with about 600 attendees).

The guys from Street Outlaws, probably cost about 20-25k plus expenses (I have a book that is full of folks like them and it lists their rates for giving talks or sitting at a table).

My guess is their weekend of costs were about 50k … and I would bet they stuck about 25k into advertising …

So they probably needed about 5000 people paying at the door to break even …

circletrack
    Participant

Farmtruck and Azn did bring ’em in!

Gunner
    Participant

Was there a Best Of Show Pick? How did the local cars and trucks do at award time?

jonmandude
    Participant

I do not know how they picked. I think there was sponsor picks and then “Top 30” ….which Circletrack was deservedly one of.

circletrack
    Participant

Most of the bigger displays won the major awards, which was fine because they deserved it.. especially that Impala. I was surprised Frank who runs the Blanchardville show didn’t win anything with his Impala, that car is cool

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.