Welcome Forum The Lounge What do you think is in store for season 9 of Stargate SG-1?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What events or stories do you see in store for Stargate SG-1’s 9th season? Please leave out any major spoilers you may have picked up other than the fact that RDA is leaving the series and that Ben Browder will be joining SG-1. What types of adventures do you think that they could have left now that the Goa’uld have been basically defeated?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This season I’m expecting alot of loose ends to be taken cared of. I’m under the presumption that this will be the last season and I feel that there are some holes or questions that need to be answered.

But you know with the addition of Ben Browder, Beau Bridges and Claudia Black it’s an opportunity to inject a different energy into the series. It could be surprising enough that the show could be renewed for another season or so.

Using the storyline of the Stargate as a basis, this show has the possibility of having the longevity of a Dr. Who or a Red Drawf. The key to it all is to routinely keep the writing fresh and innovative, which can only be done with the right staff that is constantyl in tune with the Stargate formula for success.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    This season I’m expecting alot of loose ends to be taken cared of. I’m under the presumption that this will be the last season and I feel that there are some holes or questions that need to be answered.

But you know with the addition of Ben Browder, Beau Bridges and Claudia Black it’s an opportunity to inject a different energy into the series. It could be surprising enough that the show could be renewed for another season or so.

Using the storyline of the Stargate as a basis, this show has the possibility of having the longevity of a Dr. Who or a Red Drawf. The key to it all is to routinely keep the writing fresh and innovative, which can only be done with the right staff that is constantyl in tune with the Stargate formula for success.

I agree that this could definitely open up new doors for Stargate SG-1. If the writers keep producing great stories and ideas then perhaps it could become the American version of Dr. Who. Hopefully the new characters will be well accepted and many more seasons will follow.

I’d like to see the furlings in season 9!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:

BINGO! They have been keeping this race a secret way to long. I wouldn’t be surprised if they turn out to be a foe!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

BINGO! They have been keeping this race a secret way to long. I wouldn’t be surprised if they turn out to be a foe!

A foe you think? The Ancients, Nox, and Asgard haven’t really been foes, just neutral or even friends. That would be a cool way to explain why the other three don’t associate with them anymore!! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

A foe you think? The Ancients, Nox, and Asgard haven’t really been foes, just neutral or even friends. That would be a cool way to explain why the other three don’t associate with them anymore!! thumbsup.gif

Yea but we really don’t know if they were all friends or foe! We just know that there was 4 great races and they would meet and now and than. Knowing what we know of the Nox they are peaceful. But the anceints and asgards we know are battle ready races so to speak. They could have not liked each other but met and tried to work things out for the sake of each race. With each of the race’s tech a huge battle royal between them all would have meant losing by all. Kinda like nuclear war here on Earth. If they shoot us we shoot them and nobody wins only on a more galatic scale! Remember Thor’s reply about letting the Gould get to powerful. He said there was bigger bad guys to worry about.

Another thing i will give you all to ponder over is that Both ancient and Asgard tech is pretty much untouchable on the battle field. Why would these races need this kind of power if they were not at odds with each other at one time? Best tech here on Earth ussually come from times of war!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Would also make an interesting storyline to find out that the ancients created the Wraith for war but than they turn on their creators.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe the writers are saving the Furlings as a possible wild card for the last season of SG-1 or could be applied to Atlantis. It has been verified that there will be a new enemy that SG-1 or Earth will face. The name alone does not have a link to the Furlings but writing development could make it possible.

My take is that the Furlings is a race that will step in when SG-1 and Earth are in dire straits and will be instrumentall in Sg-1’s victory over this new and improved enemy.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Both interesting ideas, the Furlings could be Earth’s foes or their greatest ally, only time will tell for sure!

I think it is good they have kept the furlings in reserve, it gives them a way to tie the whole series together and really keep the stories alive and relateable to earlier years, even with the absense of RDA.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.