Welcome Forum The Drag Strip What do you think of Kurt Busch?

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Should Kurt Busch of been suspended by Jack Rousch? What do you think of him jumping ship to Penske?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been out of the loop on this deal. Exactly what did he do? I did hear that he had been suspended for two races. Was he in the points race chase or was he out of the running?
    Marshall

GTO Man

He was arrested for recklass driving last Friday night by the Maricopa County sheriff. They tried to give him a breathalizer but the machine broke. Rousch started receiving heat from his sponsors which prompted him to suspend Busch. One of his sponsors is Crown Royal.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately, he, like others, must live in a glass house for the whole world to see into. I guess that is why they get paid so much money for doing what they do. I would think that the suspension was a bit strict, but with a sponsor like Crown Royal, it’s ironic that a driver that they sponsor is picked up for suspicion of drunk driving. He is still a young fella, and has some “learnin’ to do”, so I am certain that he will learn from this incident and move on. He certainly is talented and will be doing bigger and better things in years to come with NASCAR.
    Marshall

GTO Man

I would agree that it was a little harsh. It would be hard to live under a microscope all the time. He will bounce back and win many more races in his career. The one thing I will say about the NASCAR community, they don’t put up with any behavior which puts them in a bad light. Its too bad some of the other sports don’t follow their lead.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually, being a true son of the South, in my opinion, NASCAR has gotten too clean and too regulated. I would love to see the infield brawls and the fist fights between two drivers, but NASCAR won’t and would not allow that nowadays. It just seemed to be much more interesting when it was spontaneous. Sometimes I wonder if some of what we are seeing is actually “scripted” by NASCAR. And don’t get me wrong, I have been a NASCAR fan for 20 years, but I started losing interest when Dale Earnhardt was killed at Daytona.
    Marshall

GTO Man

I would agree. I wish they would let the drivers race with some emotion. I was thinking of their stance on drugs in sports with my comments. NASCAR wants the races candy coated with the drivers never getting mad at each other. It will be interesting this year to see how the ratings were without the two most popular drivers in the Chase. They gave Rousch a slap in the face with their new limit of 4 cars per team. But I don’t necesarily disagree with that. I wish I was following NASCAR when Alan Kulwicke won his championship. That was a real acomplishment in the land of multi-car teams.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kurt who??

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I was thinking of their stance on drugs in sports with my comments

On a side note I’m so glad that Congress is working on a bill for drug testing in sports, that makes all these other problems that we have like border security seem so insignificant BangHead.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I never liked kurt busch and glad he won’t be Kenseth’s teamate anymore. I don’t really like spencer either, but was happy when he punched the little punk. But without any drama, its just not as exciting, I still remember a lot of the confrontations in recent years, as well as big wrecks, more so then who won what race. Too many races now seem to not be close racing and somewhat boring. I remember listening to alan race on radio and followed it a little back then. I remember seeing the atlanta race on tv when alan won the championship and jumping up in down. After that I stopped watching any racing and really started watching a lot somewhere around 2000. Now I like drama, but I must say I like tony stewart a lot more today then past years. There is something to be said about drivers like kenseth who don’t get in many confrontations, and when it comes to the end of the race, they just quietly beat you. But before Kenseth came into nextel cup, I liked Earnhardt sr, a totally different personality and driving style.

circletrack
    Participant

Kurt got what he deserved and now realizes he made a huge mistake and was punished for it. Roush also wasn’t talking to him at least a month before this happened and was quite shocked and surprised he wanted out of his contract last spring/summer. Both Bush boys need to realize the breaks they’ve been given in Nascar and go with them instead of the “cocky” attitude they both have. Yes, they are good drivers and have made a name for themselves, but it is necessarily the name they wanted? I think not…

GTO Man

Iagree the Busch boys have a cocky attitude. They have to realize how lucky they are to be doing what they love and be making millions in the process. Very few people end up working in a job they really love doing. I know I don’t, it pays the bills. Kenseth is one of the schredest drivers out there, he realizes the race isn’t won in the first 150 laps. I also like Stewart and his new attitude. He has won at every level and every type of racing, amazing amount of talent. I am glad to see Busch go also. Rusty Wallace was smart to bow out at the top of his game, a real class individual. Its nice to know he will still be around the track. Ricky Rudd is another one who will be missed.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.