Welcome Forum The Lounge What if _______ happened on Star Trek?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What if _______ happened on Star Trek? Let’s discuss the possibilities of what-ifs and how things might have been different based on different decisions that characters made or how events may have played out differently.

I’ll start out with one. What if Data didn’t install his emotion chip, and instead destroyed it? For one thing Soran probably wouldn’t have captured Geordi. Even more importantly Data wouldn’t have been able to convince the borg queen that he was falling for her temptation (faking it of course), and they may not have been able to defeat the borg in the past.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What if…………

Carroll O’Connor would have been Captain Kirk instead of William Shatner???

Carroll, of course, was Archie Bunker. But he was also a great movie
    and TV actor.

Sitting in the Captain’s chair, on the bridge of the Enterprise, I can hear
    him barking out orders to Mr Sulu.

Carroll can also play sinisters parts, which would have made him fit
    the part perfectly.

Archie Bunker is the character the everybody remembers, but that was
    a departure from the other parts that he had played.

However, I don’t think he would have said something like….

‘Beam me up Scotty, you dingbat’.

or………….

‘Spock, you’re a meathead’.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s a very interesting takeoff!!! :haha: Or what if Jeffrey Hunter had played Captain Kirk (he played Captain Pike) instead of Bill Shatner? That would have made for a very different type of show, based on his acting style.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    That’s a very interesting takeoff!!! :haha: Or what if Jeffrey Hunter had played Captain Kirk (he played Captain Pike) instead of Bill Shatner? That would have made for a very different type of show, based on his acting style.

I never really followed the show very closely, but wasn’t Hunter
    killed off in the very beginning?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

I never really followed the show very closely, but wasn’t Hunter
    killed off in the very beginning?

He wasn’t killed off, in fact the character reappeared later in the series. Jeffrey Hunter, the actor, died though. The actor they used in the actual series to play his character was a different guy but they couldn’t really tell because he had been in a fire and was burned quite badly. Hunter reminds me of Sinclair on Babylon 5.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think John Wayne would have made an excellent Starship Captain to deal with the Klingons or Borg. I can just hear him talking to the captain of a Klingon ship: “I’m not gonna use my phasers, I’m not gonna use my phasers, like hell I’m not!!”

What if: Captain Kirk met Hans Solo in a bar or Ten Forward? Who would get the most women? Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Quote:
    What if: Captain Kirk met Hans Solo in a bar or Ten Forward? Who would get the most women?

Easy Han Solo would. He’d give Kirk an uppercut across the chin and take him out of the picture! :D :D :D

Kevin

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Hi,

Quote:
    What if: Captain Kirk met Hans Solo in a bar or Ten Forward? Who would get the most women?

Easy Han Solo would. He’d give Kirk an uppercut across the chin and take him out of the picture! :D :D :D

Kevin

I doubt it. Shatner bailed out Picard in Generations when he was getting his butt kicked by Soren. Picard …who held his own against the Nausicans as a cadet ……Kirk saved the day. Han Solo would be a chew toy for Kirk icon_punk.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Hi,

Quote:

Kevin

I doubt it. Shatner bailed out Picard in Generations when he was getting his butt kicked by Soren. Picard …who held his own against the Nausicans as a cadet ……Kirk saved the day. Han Solo would be a chew toy for Kirk icon_punk.gif

I agree with Cap, Kirk is no man to toy with! thumbsup.gif

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.