Welcome Forum The Lounge What should we do to celebrate 1000 hits??

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Any ideas or suggestions about how we should celebrate 1000 hits here at wisconsin collector car? Maybe the creation of a new forum or something?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You want two thousand? I’ll keep clearing my cache and load the “view more emoticons about 30 or 40 times. Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    You want two thousand? I’ll keep clearing my cache and load the “view more emoticons about 30 or 40 times. Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Does that rack it up too? I’m talking about the counter on the homepage. It doesn’t count refreshes and I’m guessing that most people don’t empty their cache alot… How accurate is it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ye as I said before a hit is counted for every file that is requested by a visitor including images etc.

Look at the stats for visits. That’s the best indicator of how many different people are visiting your site.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

These are the headings that I have on my stats page:

Quote:
    Top: General Summary: Hourly Report: Domain Report: Organization Report: Host Report: User Report: Failed Referrer Report: Referrer Report: Referring Site Report: Browser Report: Browser Summary: Operating System Report: Status Code Report: File Type Report: Directory Report: Failure Report: Request Report)

Nothing specifically saying visits. I’m guessing that the Request Report returns the same info as the counter would, right?

Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the name of the app analyzing the logs?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I’m guessing that the Request Report returns the same info as the counter would, right?

Ahhh, I thought you were getting thwe 1000 from the logs…… that counter you have only counts page views so you are correct. It is 1000. Drogar-Happy(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    I’m guessing that the Request Report returns the same info as the counter would, right?

Ahhh, I thought you were getting thwe 1000 from the logs…… that counter you have only counts page views so you are correct. It is 1000. Drogar-Happy(LBG).gif

Great! The counter is the thing that I looked at mainly… I’m not sure what app creates the stats page, they are just provided by my host, Dreamhost. But great! We do have 1000!!! Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well to celebrate I’m giving away free gmail accounts to anyone who doesn’t have one. Here is the official thread:
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=109

hpdog259962
    Participant

What about 10,000 posts?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

If anyone has a suggestion please post it!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.