Welcome Forum The Lounge Who here likes Scifi?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Who else here likes scifi? (I know you do darth paris)
    What shows do you like and why?
    Personally I like all Star Trek, Farscape, Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica.
    Star Trek has been a great adventure, and the original series was such a pivitol series in terms of scifi tv.
    Farscape is such a great show, so creative and moving..
    Both Stargates give a more realistic sense of scifi in the sense that they take place in present day.
    Babylon 5, so many things to say about it… What an amazing storyline and the characters are so real, the whole series follows how actions have consequences and we must face up to the choices that we make.
    Battlestar Galactica is a different type of scifi, darker.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Trekkie here! 😆

Live long and prosper! 😆

GTO Man

I don’t know how many have seen shows like The Invaders, Outer Limits, Night Gallery, Twilight Zone. They were like the first wave of sci-fi type shows.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I don’t know how many have seen shows like The Invaders, Outer Limits, Night Gallery, Twilight Zone. They were like the first wave of sci-fi type shows.

And of course the classic star trek series. Good old Kirk, Spock, And McCoy.
    “He’s dead Jim.”
    “Fascinating”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Most people miss the messages in the Star Trek shows. The classic Star Trek had so many episodes with a moral to the story. The great part about them is that the messages are still true today.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Most people miss the messages in the Star Trek shows. The classic Star Trek had so many episodes with a moral to the story. The great part about them is that the messages are still true today.

I remember the one with the 2 guys with black and white faces, but one had the white on the opposite side so he was supposed to be inferior. Very powerful messages!

GTO Man

There were also many interesting movies which sprang out of the nuclear age, Them, The Thing, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Blob. I can come come up with a lot more titles. Interesting the way movies reflect what a society is thinking about.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love the Twilight Zone. I watch it every time I’m flippen through and see it on. The modern one that only lasted one season didn’t seem that great. Wasn’t there one during the 80’s as well?

GTO Man

One of the coolest episodes on The Twilight Zone was with William Shatner as a passenger on an airplane. He keeps seeing this creature out the window on the wing. It finally drives him insane.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My favorite episode is when the guy gets a stopwatch that stops the world around him but he’s still normal. He starts by stopping things where he works, putting flowers in people’s shirt pockets, taking a bite out of people’s donuts.

Then he gets serious, and while robbing a bank, well ….I won’t spoil it in case anyone hasn’t seen it yet :)

My second favorite is where Billy Mumy plays the kid with supernatural powers, and everyone is scared to death of him, including his parents. They did a remake of it in Twilight Zone, The Movie. Excellent!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I’m heavy into Stargate SG-1. Last month I attended my first Sci-Fi convention in Dallas devoted to SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. I didn’t think I would have fun but after meeting up with some folks on a sci-fi messageboard I frequent we had a great time. I also got the opportunity to meet and chat awhile with Teryl Rotheary (Dr. Janet Frasier) and Don S. Davis (Gen. Hammond) of Stargate SG-1. Both are good people and very cordial, not to mention I got an autograph photo of Teryl out of the deal. :D

Another show that has gauged my interest as of late is modern interpretation of Battlestar Galactica. I don’t get caught up in the debate as to which version was better, the late 70’s or the new version. In my opinion both are great shows and it’s simply a different that each team of producers are exploring. Let’s not forget that Grace Park (Boomer in the new version) is in this month’s issue of Maxim magazine. 😉

There’s always a place in my heart for the Star Trek franchise and I hope Spike TV decides to pick up Enterprise as word of this is starting to catch wind. If it doesn’t I don’t mind seeing the Star Trek franchise take a break for a year or two. I feel that Paramount has been milking the cow way too long and you know how overexposure or overkill can hurt a TV show. Who knows, Sci-Fi may pull a fast one and pickup the show. Stranger things have happened.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Well I’m heavy into Stargate SG-1. Last month I attended my first Sci-Fi convention in Dallas devoted to SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. I didn’t think I would have fun but after meeting up with some folks on a sci-fi messageboard I frequent we had a great time. I also got the opportunity to meet and chat awhile with Teryl Rotheary (Dr. Janet Frasier) and Don S. Davis (Gen. Hammond) of Stargate SG-1. Both are good people and very cordial, not to mention I got an autograph photo of Teryl out of the deal. :D

Another show that has gauged my interest as of late is modern interpretation of Battlestar Galactica. I don’t get caught up in the debate as to which version was better, the late 70’s or the new version. In my opinion both are great shows and it’s simply a different that each team of producers are exploring. Let’s not forget that Grace Park (Boomer in the new version) is in this month’s issue of Maxim magazine. 😉

There’s always a place in my heart for the Star Trek franchise and I hope Spike TV decides to pick up Enterprise as word of this is starting to catch wind. If it doesn’t I don’t mind seeing the Star Trek franchise take a break for a year or two. I feel that Paramount has been milking the cow way too long and you know how overexposure or overkill can hurt a TV show. Who knows, Sci-Fi may pull a fast one and pickup the show. Stranger things have happened.

Great to hear, we have alot of common interests! I love SG-1, its such a great show! The storylines are really endless, and I am so impressed how its going on for 9 years now! 😯 That in and of itself shows how good the show is, considering that its the longest running scifi show besides the X-Files (in the US anyway). Atlantis is great too, it was cool to see Colm Meany guest star a couple times. That must have been so great to actually meet Teryl Rotheary and Don S. Davis! 8) 8) I’d love to be able to do that! They along with the rest of the cast of SG-1 sound like friendly easy going people, especially RDA.

I too have gotten into the new Battlestar. Its a very different show, more dark but at the same time it has a unique style. Good stuff.

I’ve been a big star trek fan for a long time now, I didn’t really get into Enterprise a whole let (watched about 1/3 of the series). I hope it isn’t cancelled for good but on the bright side if it is maybe that will give them a chance to start anew. I hear JMS (creator of Babylon 5) has a new star trek treatment that would revitalize the series.

Have you ever watched Babylon 5 or Farscape? Both are great shows, Babylon 5 has to be one of the most intricately written shows I’ve ever seen, and the ending is very moving. Farscape is so well designed and thought out, mixing humor with raw power.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I followed B5 more closely than I did with Farscape. It seemed like B5 was slow at first but really picked up speed around year 3. One of my favorite all time episodes of the show and favorite space battle of all time was when Babylon 5 broke away from the Earth Alliance. The large battle ensued and the B5 sucession seemed all but lost when low and behold the Minbaris came out of nowhere to defend the station. A classic episode.

Also another couple of good ones was Space: Above and Beyond as well as Sliders.

Oh BTW I also carry my SG-1 alligence everywhere I go. I saw this dealer selling decals from Sci-Fi shows on eBay and it was a no brainer for me. 😆

View-1a.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I followed B5 more closely than I did with Farscape. It seemed like B5 was slow at first but really picked up speed around year 3. One of my favorite all time episodes of the show and favorite space battle of all time was when Babylon 5 broke away from the Earth Alliance. The large battle ensued and the B5 sucession seemed all but lost when low and behold the Minbaris came out of nowhere to defend the station. A classic episode.

Also another couple of good ones was Space: Above and Beyond as well as Sliders.

Oh BTW I also carry my SG-1 alligence everywhere I go. I saw this dealer selling decals from Sci-Fi shows on eBay and it was a no brainer for me. 😆

View-1a.jpg

That’s a great decal!! I’ll have to get something like that.

Unforunately for me scifi stopped showing B5 right around season 3 so I missed it completely! 😥 I have seen seasons 4 and 5, which are both great! I’m thinking of buying season 3 though!
    I’ve also seen sliders, another great show.

hpdog259962
    Participant

I am a Sci-Fi Fan, I like all Star Trek except the Enterprise, I also like Battlestar Galactica.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I am a Sci-Fi Fan, I like all Star Trek except the Enterprise, & Battlestar Galactica.

So wait do you not like Battlestar Galactica? I agree that ENT was the weakest trek series. They made the mistake of trying to develop a prequel, and well that just doesn’t work well because of all the causality. BangHead.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.