Welcome Forum Car Shows Why buy new when you can use original

• Creator
    Topic
    thekcarguy
    Participant

As with many car’s I see at shows there is one thing that is over looked. The carpet, the healpad’s are always incorrect. For example my 81 Reliant had some cheap carpet kit in it when I purchased it, the color did not match at all, so I pulled it out and Prepared an original carpet set out of an 85 Aries I had at the time, it was a darker color so I had no choice but to paint it. I heard of dyes but none are to be found. The key to painting carpet is not to get it took thick, I recently found out using Duplcolor works the best, it dries quicky and gives it a nice sparkle. After you have applied the paint lighty but enough to change the color, take your hand and rub over the carpet, this will get rid of that stiff feeling…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Some carpets may not be available anymore so this may be a good option. I would think the secret is to not spray it on too thickly.

moparkid25
    Participant

I have a full selection of carpet dyes in almost every color if anyone ever needs to match something up. I’ve used the black on my own carpets and it has worked well. I agree you want to use a thin coat when doing this procedure.

thekcarguy
    Participant

That is the key, use a light coat, When I was doing mine I sprayed it at least 15 inches away. Before I did it I used some old crap I had around and I sprayed it too thick. I found out that if you use a metallic color it looks factory.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.