Welcome Forum Car Shows World of Wheels – Milwaukee

• Creator
    Topic
    Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I plan on entering Milwaukee’s World of Wheels show for the first time. For those of you who have been to it or shown at it, I have a few questions:

1. What is the staging/roll-in process?
    2. Do you stay by your car the whole time or not?
    3. How big of a display area did you take?
    4. What did you park the car on?
    5. How long did you have to set up and prep once there?
    6. Did you drive the car there or trailer it?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Eclipse_Tuner wrote:

Quote:
    I plan on entering Milwaukee’s World of Wheels show for the first time. For those of you who have been to it or shown at it, I have a few questions:

1. What is the staging/roll-in process?

Basically the center becomes one big roll in throughout the day before the show. Lots of trailers lined up inside waiting to get in. Register, and they tell you where you’ll be all weekend.
    2. Do you stay by your car the whole time or not?

We stayed by the car a lot of the time we were there, but it’s not necessary. Most people are smart enough to realize you respect everyone else’s vehicles and keep your hands to yourself.

3. How big of a display area did you take?

Some people take eleborate displays (remember, what you set up on Thursday/Friday is what you have to take down on Sunday and by Sunday night you are more than ready to head home). Our display normally isn’t very big, the car speaks for itself. We’ve taken some pics and a few props.

4. What did you park the car on?

Lots just park them on the concrete, others will get that indoor/outdoor carpet to park the cars on.

5. How long did you have to set up and prep once there?

They give you plenty of time, we went on Thursday around lunchtime and were done by late afternoon.

6. Did you drive the car there or trailer it?

Given the time of year WOW always is… trailer… The one and ONLY time my car has been in a trailer.

It’s a LONG weekend, but also lots of fun. We rented a hotel room on Saturday night in the area as driving back and forth gets old. You can also taken in food/beverages which I highly suggest as it’s very expensive to eat there. Have you been accepted yet? Some years it’s been hard to get in, and others not. I’ve never figured out how they pick the cars either, there have been some gorgeous cars and then two rows down something full of dents, dings and scratches. It’s hard to judge a car by a picture.

Good luck!

lordairgtar
    Participant

I know that people show up on Thursday and they open it up pretty early. They close the place up at 9 or 10PM. Friday during the morning there is time for set up too. Some actually drive to the show if the streets aren’t snow bound. Area of display depends if you are a lone display or coming as a group (car club). It’s like any other car show in that anybodies heap will get in, which I find silly since people do pay a lot to go see the cool cars only to be confronted with someone semi-daily driver. There are plenty of summer time free car shows to do that in. By all means bring your own snacks and food to the event as it is ridiculously expensive as the vendor is the same vendor that does most sports events in town. Don’t bring beer in, they will confiscate it unless of course you are sneaky about it and buy the first bottle there and continue using it by pouring your own favorite beer in that bottle on the sly. Some people just park and leave, others create elaborate displays with lights and other effects. If you require power, you will have to pay a fee for it and I think the union chimp has to plug it in for you.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.