Welcome Forum Car Shows Worst Car Show Experience

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What was the worst thing that happened to you at a car show this year?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I would have to say the worst thing I saw was in Monroe, when the thespians’ tent over there table got caught by the wind and hit some guys SSR truck.

GTO Man

I would agree with the worst being in Monroe when the umbrella fell on the SSR. Otherwise nothing really stands out. Many of the shows hve been around long enough so they have learned from experience.

Xman
    Participant

My worst experience was seeing all the bias in the judges at local car shows.

This did not happen to me, but just seeing some of the cars they pick over others in a class is just wrong. I seem to recall a one show when the awards announcer said: “Best of show goes to this young fella whom I’ve known since he was in diapers” I know some of you were there also. There were many cars a lot nicer then the one picked. I just think if you are going to be a judge be a non-biased one.

lordairgtar
    Participant

I was at a show where only two vehicles were in my class (2000 and newer, stock truck) an SSR and my HHR. When awards were announced, they chose a Ford Pick Up that clearly was not stock with billet grille, custom paint work and lift kit. Me and the SSR owner looked at each other like WTF!!! I bitched but was told that my issues should have been brought up before awards, and they would have changed his class. HTF would I know what class he was in before his award. BangHead.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    “Best of show goes to this young fella whom I’ve known since he was in diapers”

It should be a rule that you can’t give an award to someone you know. If other judges pick them that’s okay but since you know them you’ll of course be bias

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was at that same show mentioned by Xman, and I remember hearing that comment by the gentleman handing out the awards, and it was for a Best Of Show award! I remember thinking “I don’t think I would have said that”.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

My thoughts on this are you should NEVER say you know the person, especially at a show like this one where there are so many cars and few awards. I’ve been to multiple shows where the announcer will say “Joe, come on up and get your award, bring your friend xyz with you too”… that only looks bad for the group putting on the show, let alone makes people wonder if the announcer knows more than he should. It’s great when people you know win, but to say “I’ve known this guy since he was in diapers…” that’s wrong.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I was at that show too. It certainly wasnt very tactful. It also undermines the meaning of the award and the show itself.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.