Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Would you drive your car in January?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

An interesting point of discussion with classic cars is when to drive them. I know some classic car insurance does not allow you to drive your vehicle in January. For most of us, that is not a problem considering the cold weather and salty roads. However, if given the choice would you drive your car? It might be nice especially on that warm Friday we had last week!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Xman
    Participant

Yep, drove it last Sunday..;-)

moparkid25
    Participant

If you have blue collector plates, you can’t operate that vehicle on WI roads during the month of January.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with moparkid I believe WIS DOT requires you to have normal registered car and they dont allow you to drive in january with out getting a temporary plate for it.

circletrack
    Participant

So how does that work for all the people that have collector plates on their 20+ year old pieces of crap that they use as daily drivers?

I’ve never seen anyone pulled over for driving a car with collector plates in January… and why January, if you have collector plates there should be provisions on what they go on, isn’t that what they were designed for? I say no driving from November until April, normally the six months the cars are in storage?

moparkid25
    Participant

By State Law, If you have to move or drive a vehicle with blue plates in January, you are supposed to buy a temp tag from DOT. That temp tag is only good for 5 days.

circletrack
    Participant

Those darn laws… enforce them!

Xman
    Participant

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    If you have blue collector plates, you can’t operate that vehicle on WI roads during the month of January.

I have green ones ;-)

circletrack
    Participant

Those are hobbyist plates! :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.