Welcome Forum Car Shows Your Car Show Kit – what to include?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What do you bring to car shows, well besides your car? Some popular items I’ve seen are coolers, umbrellas, pop-up awnings, lawn chairs, radios, grills, ect.

What’s in your kit?

Personally a cooler, fold up chair, and awning (for shade) are my essentials. Without these its hard to sit at the show and enjoy the cars – the sun is often hot and the ground often hard. What’s in your kit?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Personally, I would never leave home without a cell phone and my AAA card as well as my collector car insurance (Grundy) card.

I spend alot of time and energy thinking out what detailing supplies I will need to make the car look better. My best kept secret is a plain, plastic spray bottle filled with soft water that I use to wipe down the car before I do anything else.

Another useful item is a white hand towel that I can soak in the cooler and put on the back of my head and turn when the sun starts beating down. I have burnt the back of my neck and head, one too many times.

And last, but not least, a digital camera. I love to roam around and take photos of the cars!!!

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Another useful item is a white hand towel that I can soak in the cooler and put on the back of my head and turn when the sun starts beating down. I have burnt the back of my neck and head, one too many times.

As have I. blob8.gif Not any fun. I’ve tried to find 200 SPF sunscreen, no luck though Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What about everyone else, what does your kit include?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have added some items for 2006:

Aveeno spray sun block that I apply liberally several time during the day. Not cheap, about $10 at Walgreens, but better than burning and peeling;

Good sunglasses and some kind of hat to protect the head;

Show car display board;

And, a good ice chest with lots of cold water.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I am also bringing a cooler, its an essential item. The canopy we have really helps too, you can’t put a price on shade. I need to pick up some new sunglasses sometime as well.

Marshall I missed your showboard last weekend, I’ll have to be sure and check it out at Beaver Dam

hpdog259962
    Participant

Cooler, CB Radio, Poncho, and a hat.

Thats about it.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.