We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows 4th Annual Saturday in the Park Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

[article]1805[/article]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

531438_10151869358865705_1316760862_n.jpg

554188_10151869359175705_327329588_n.jpg

306803_10151869359525705_1900317977_n.jpg

545479_10151869359685705_1067620829_n.jpg

483217_10151869359975705_205588411_n.jpg

555664_10151869360235705_927247464_n.jpg

529566_10151869360725705_576786234_n.jpg

lordairgtar
    Participant

Sounds like you guys had a great show. Glad the DJ pleased the attendees. I am so sorry I could not be the DJ this year as scheduling conflicts occurred between you guys and a long standing car show I do closer to where I live. Sounds like she did a great job mixing it up for you.

moparkid25
    Participant

I wish I could’ve been there to help the club, but instead I had to repo some heirloom’s from a family member for my Grandma.

Rachel, you have no idea how hard it was for me to not go up there and spend my day with two Hooter’s girls… :whistle:

circletrack
    Participant

I think I have a pretty good idea… :) John Dvorak took over this year and I’m 99.9% sure Bruce is going to have to fight him for it next year, those boys love it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congrates on another great show.

moparkid25
    Participant

Rustypup,

Can you elaborate a little bit more on your review of the show? How was it a rip-off? What issues did you have with the show organization? Yeah, last Saturday was a hot day, but I don’t think the Road Apples Car Club has any control of the weather, nor should they not charge an entry fee just because its hot out. From reading the reviews of others, and attending this show myself in the past years, I’m curious to know why you feel the way you do about the show.

Xman
    Participant
    moparkid25 wrote:
    Rustypup,

Can you elaborate a little bit more on your review of the show? How was it a rip-off? What issues did you have with the show organization? Yeah, last Saturday was a hot day, but I don’t think the Road Apples Car Club has any control of the weather, nor should they not charge an entry fee just because its hot out. From reading the reviews of others, and attending this show myself in the past years, I’m curious to know why you feel the way you do about the show.

It appears there is always one or in this case two people that didn’t like the class they were in. Some say they were shuffled around..Hmmmm, I seem to recall if there were more then three mods on a car in the stock class it was put in modified. Seems to make that fair for the people with cars/trucks that are actually stock! Not to mention how many people showed up with cars on on trailers then put their cars in a different class. Read the list of classes V = Trailered Vehicles

As for goodie bags, the Road Apples spend a whole year looking for people to donate items for them. If you don’t like goodie bags don’t take one. Then continue to live in you own little world where your only friend is you..

Amigo2k

I would be interested in some stats on the number of cars in each class, and how many cars 1990-newer where there.

You are going to see more and more newer cars at shows and we have seen that trend continue to increase over the past 5-8 years.

And seeing that my 42 year old car is stock, I’m happy to hear they were moving folks with customs in the stock classes to the custom class.

We all know sometimes you might score higher in the stock class with a couple of mods instead of being in the custom class.

circletrack
    Participant

As the President of the Road Apples – it disheartens me to see negative reviews on a show we work really, really hard on.

I know we can’t please everyone, believe me, if we could’ve ordered a nice, sunny 70 degree day and filled Angell Park with cars 30-40 years old, we would’ve done it, but that’s not realistic or possible. For those that complained about too many new cars, have you not been to shows lately and realize not everyone desires to have a car that’s 40+ years old? Are you forgetting that keeping this hobby alive requires welcoming anyone that feels they have a car that’s desirable and others want to enjoy? There will come a time when the people that own these cars are no longer around, then what? I guarantee the youth of today have no idea what a ’69 Chevelle, ’70 GTO, or anything like that is, and most have no desire to learn about them either, it’s much easier to have a new car with all the modern options and such. I enjoy seeing the Modern Muscle cars, the trend to show them will only grow stronger in future years.

As for the classes, call us sticklers, but we added a trailered classes this year due to the cars we’ve had in the past that were clearly trailered, and the complaints we received. This year there seemed to be issues with those that chose to put themselves into other classes in the hopes of winning an award, even though it was obvious they were trailed (or we saw the cars being unloaded in some situations). Is this fair to everyone else that drives their car to the show?? I didn’t think so. Our judging sheets state there was a chance you would be moved to the correct class, and we moved a few cars, surprising some.

I will review the number of cars in each class, if that makes anyone feel better.

I guess I shouldn’t take this personally being we received many, many positive reviews and heard from several we did a great job and will only continue to get better next year on our FIFTH anniversary, but it’s hard not to, we don’t plan for an entire year just to make people angry and second guess us.

I encourage anyone that has suggestions on how to make the show better to attend one of our cruise nights, or our next meeting and let us know how you really feel – I’m well aware it only takes one person to spoil a great event for others.

Finally, we have donated over $4000 to charities the last three years. The Dream Park at Angell Park is saving to build a shelter for the children and adults that patronize that park, they are over 1/2 way to their goal due to the donations they’ve received from the Road Apples.

Thank you.

Rachael

Xman
    Participant

Oh Rachael you always get those type of people no matter what you do. I’ll bet Burger King could not even please them, even though they get it their way….From what I’ve read on other forums some people are not welcome there either…Cough,,cough LS1tech..

Anonymous
    Inactive

it appears that a full understanding of the specific classes was needed in this case which i & many others did not have, nor do i care to get into that aspect of it. i actually did not even see a trailered class because of my ignorance. that said i wasnt fully aware that tinted license plate frames & riveted on plaques were “modifications” and merited entry into a modified class. modified to me is not a bone stock cobalt or caliber less than 5 years old that belongs in a “tuner” class.

i personally dont care about the trophy/judging/awards aspect of these shows. what i was aware of at this show was people being moved around between classes on the fly, cars not being judged & a general distaste from many cars owners that were not happy about it.

circletrack
    Participant

Can you please tell me what car you entered into the show?

circletrack
    Participant

Our judges were told to consider the class they were judging, and if the car/truck didn’t fit the class, they were to assign it to the correct class, or talk to a head judge, which several did.

I’m not sure which car you are referring to, we allow 3 obvious modifications, so if there were more, the car should’ve been moved to a different class.

There are people on the other side of the spectrum that have bone stock cars and do not want to see 3 modifications, you can’t make everyone happy.

Our judges did look at the Cobalt and Caliber, and neither car was bone stock.

As for not being judged, announcements were made regarding this, as far as we know – everyone was judged.

I appreciate your comments, best of luck at the next event.

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Given that ma70tt is new to the forum, thought that I would throw the option of clicking the little thought bubble under a username to post a private message should he/she decide to respond to “Can you please tell me what car you entered into the show? ” in case doing so in the public forum is unappealing…for what its worth I thought it was a great show on par with my favorites Pardeeville and Blanchardville! Wouldn’t go with the suggestion to bump the caliber etc into a tuner class though because that tends to irritate the Honda, Acura, Mitsubishi, etc drivers…love the inclusion of the survivor class though so I don’t get stuck in the 90 to present I usually see with my 1990 at other shows. End two cents…

jonmandude
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    I know we can’t please everyone, believe me, if we could’ve ordered a nice, sunny 70 degree day and filled Angell Park with cars 30-40 years old, we would’ve done it, but that’s not realistic or possible. For those that complained about too many new cars, have you not been to shows lately and realize not everyone desires to have a car that’s 40+ years old? Are you forgetting that keeping this hobby alive requires welcoming anyone that feels they have a car that’s desirable and others want to enjoy? There will come a time when the people that own these cars are no longer around, then what? I guarantee the youth of today have no idea what a ’69 Chevelle, ’70 GTO, or anything like that is, and most have no desire to learn about them either, it’s much easier to have a new car with all the modern options and such. I enjoy seeing the Modern Muscle cars, the trend to show them will only grow stronger in future years.

Well put Rachael. Those who know me, know that I have had classics that I built, an import that I spent stupid money on and now have a modern muscle. I don’t like to hear elitist attitude and feel this hobby should be open to all. It should never be about the cars or the trophies, it is about the people and the passion we all share. I always try to remember when I was first building cars and could only afford a basic 10 year old car. The older guys all had their big block Chevelles and Hemi Mopars and tri-5 Chevies. They probably didn’t want our beaters around either, but the attitude I always received was acceptance. No one ever said “why let that new junk in?”. All was appreciated with the understanding that each person loved their car. I have tried to carry that thru life.

Rachael, I have met many of the Road Apples and from what I have seen you all love the hobby and have always shown respect for others. I am sure that you have created a first class show. I did not attend because I was at work, but I would have liked to. That being said understand that, as with anything else, you cannot please everyone all of the time. Besides the weather and these one or two persons, I have heard nothing but praise for the show. I look forward to attending next year.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.