Welcome Forum The Lounge Any New Projects, bolt ons, upgrades,This Winter

• Creator
    Topic
    mdunn6
    Participant

Any thing planned or you would like to do to you
    vehicle this winter / spring ?

I will change all bolts, nuts, washers to chrome ones.

Make some billet spacers, caps & interior parts.

I would love to install a new Ring Brothers
    Export Brace, But will have to save for this !

Just need to get rid of the Winter blues & go
    out to the garage and start working ! B)

SKEL A STANG

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Mainly tearing into the 2002 and start collecting parts.

passsidedayone.jpg

100_5039.jpg

lordairgtar
    Participant

Those are awesome cars, lilwillie.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

droped the block off at the machine shop for cleaning and measuring. As it looks right now, it should not have to be bored.I should be able to reuse the original pistons also.I will know within a week.

GTO Man

That’s cool, it’s always nice when you may not need to do as much as you thought.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Got the engine and trans in on Friday,and yesterday it was Running Again!! Engine is running smooth and quiet. The transmissin goes right into gear!Today I will let it run for a while, mabe take it for a short ride.

GTO Man

Did they need to bore it and could you use the original pistons?

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

No boring was needed.There was little to no ridge in the cylinders. I was able to use the original pistons and rods. The rods did need to be reconditioned, as the openings were egg shaped.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I just took it out for a short ride to McFarland.I have a few minor things to sort out, but it is running good! Tomorrow I may take it to Milwaukee to hang out with the Losers.Give it a good long run.

GTO Man

Great, best thing for them is to be driven.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Got 1,000 miles since the rebuild. I did have a front timing cover seal problem.I ended up changing the cover and got that fixed.The trans would not down shift when I came to a stop, but now after driving it for a while it shifts perfectly!I did have to put on a reman power steering pump , the original got broken during the rebuild.The new one was Very noisey! I took it back and got another, quiet now.I need to get all the bugs worked out before my drive to Carlisle.Just a little over six weeks away!

GTO Man

Sounds like you are making progress. Have you been to Carlisle before? That sounds like a great event.

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.