Welcome Forum Car Shows Barrett Jackson Starts: 13Jan2009

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

Get those DVRs and VCRs ready!

If you happen to have cable or Dish TV tune into Speed on the 13Jan for 6 days of auction action!

Get the lawn chair ready and set it up in your living room with some cold beers ready for the action!

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/scottsdale2009_2.swf
    Open the link and click on the + button to move to the next photo.

[video type=flash]http://www.barrett-jackson.com/scottsdale2009_2.swf[/video]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

It should be interesting to see how things are this year. Of course many of the people there are not affected by the economy.

moparkid25
    Participant

It should be interesting for sure. I’m curious to see what the prices do, there are a lot of cool muscle cars out on the market for sale for a steal.

jonmandude
    Participant

Watched a little last night. It looks like muscle cars are down a little but street rods are up a little. The real gauge is always Saturday night when the top cars go on the block.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been closely following the Mustangs, Mach 1s, Boss Cars, etc., and they seem to be bringing very strong money. Even base model coupes are bringing very good money. So far, I haven’t seen any bargains amongst the pony cars.

Marshall

jonmandude
    Participant

It definitely looks like Mustangs and Camaros are the darlings this year. My dream car went across the block this afternoon. An ‘A’ paint scheme S/C Rambler went for $44K and a ‘B’ scheme $60K

RivFan
    Participant

On Saturday, you can even buy the Buick Blackhawk!

100_0900.jpg

Yes, that’s yours truly in the drivers seat…

GTO Man

Cool looking car. What is it based on?

Car prices are going up at the auction. I think many of the Corvettes have gone for a reasonable price. Those two SC Ramblers were cool. I think the first one went for $43000, of course they didn’t show the second one. Camaro’s are not nearly as strong as recent years. The ’67 GTO’s are bringin big money. And the Mustang’s seem to be strong also.

moparkid25
    Participant

RivFan wrote:

Quote:
    On Saturday, you can even buy the Buick Blackhawk!

100_0900.jpg

Yes, that’s yours truly in the drivers seat…

Well, now putting that picture on the internet with you sitting in it will definately not help the value 😆

RivFan
    Participant

Looks like the Blackhawk sold for $475,000. B-J must have used the above photo in their pre-sale marketing of the car. ;)

You can find out more about the Blackhawk here if you’re interested…

http://www.buickclub.org/blackhawk/for_release.htm

It’s sad to see that GM is forced to sell some of their history.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I noticed yesterday (and I spent many hours in front of the TV!) that the Shelby Mustang GT500’s, especially the 1968’s seem to be down this year. I saw several nice 68 GT500 KR’s sell for around 100K, and that’s not even close to the money these cars brought in 2007 and 2008.

The best of the 69 and 80 BOSS 302 cars and BOSS 429 cars are doing very, very well again this year.

Ron Pratt certainly spent some big money last night, didn’t he?

Marshall

GTO Man

Yes the Shelby’s were cheap compared to previous years. The Boss cars are cool. The first Tbird went for $600,000 and the Buick Blackhawk went for about $500,000.

I think Ron Pratt is in real estate out there. Money seems to be no object for him. It must be nice to buy what you want, when you want.

moparkid25
    Participant

That guy buys cars like there no big deal. Must be nice to drop 6 figures and not break a sweat.

jonmandude
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    Car prices are going up at the auction. I think many of the Corvettes have gone for a reasonable price. Those two SC Ramblers were cool. I think the first one went for $43000, of course they didn’t show the second one. Camaro’s are not nearly as strong as recent years. The ’67 GTO’s are bringin big money. And the Mustang’s seem to be strong also.

Car prices always increase as the week progresses. They purposely schedule the more rare and desirable cars on Saturdays. Also there are more high dollar bidders there on those days. It has always been known that if you want a deal, go on Tuesday or Sunday.

While it seems like the prices are strong, remember as little as two years ago COPO Camaro’s and Boss 9 Mustangs were drawing over $500,000 and now are between $100K and $200K. Very few cars this year even approached the $300,000 mark, were in past years there were many cars well over $1M.

Amigo2k

I watched a Prowler sell this afternoon for 60k (nothing special about it, just a 2001, no modes, no special owner) and the announcers, were like what the &*^%? They even said someone came up to one announcer on the floor and said does 60k buy 2 of them?

I jumped on Ebay and found about 30 of them all going for about 30k….

and Jon is right, the number of 500k cars was down this year….

GTO Man

One think nice about Barrett-Jackson, it’s as much of a car show as an auction. Unfortunately its still at least months before the cars can be on the road.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.