Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Barrett Jackson’s 2008 list of cars:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Great list of cars. It should make for an interesting auction.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will be posting some info on Carroll’s (Carroll Shelby) last Shelby Mustang, a 1969 GT500 428 CobraJet red convertible/white top and interior that was restored last year up in Green Bay, WI. The restoratation of this car was a total ground-up, frame off, rotisserie, no expense spared restoration. Carroll Shelby is the one and only owner of this car and has owned it and driven it since day one. This car is expected to break the all time high price ever paid for a Mustang.

It is only anyone’s guess at this point as to what this car will actually sell for at Barrett-Jackson 2008.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I am especially interested in that corvette concept car, that is a very interesting design

montefrazer
    Participant

I see some of the Monster Garage vehicles listed. Wonder what kind of prices they will get.

Amigo2k

Tune in tonight at 6PM!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was interested to see that one of the first 2006 Shelby Hertz GT-H “Rent A Racer” mustangs, Serial Number 8, brought 42,000 plus buyers commission last night. In reality, I think that car was very well bought.

GTO Man

There were quite a few reasonably priced cars last night. Its too bad it will be awhile before we can drive ours. I believe over 50 cars went for under 25k. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds this week.

Amigo2k

yes there were some nice deals last night. I think their whole Monster Garage idea was a bust as most of the cars went for 6-9k.

moparkid25
    Participant

Quote:
    yes there were some nice deals last night. I think their whole Monster Garage idea was a bust as most of the cars went for 6-9k.

I think the whole Monster Garage/Jesse James fad has come and gone.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I forgot that it’s starting already, I’ll have to be sure and tune in!

GTO Man

This auction is like being a kid in a cndy store, but unfortunately on a limited budget. Looks like things are starting to heat up.

jonmandude
    Participant

I have been amazed at some of the prices this year. Many of them seem to be well below what they would have been last year. There hasn’t been many over $100,000. It seemed last year that almost everything on the third day was near or above that. I was happy to see a Torino get some decent money, but I was surprised that a Talledega did not. It is going to be interesting

GTO Man

That Talledega that went for about 40k last night seemed like a steal. Prices appear to be down this year, not too surprising.

jonmandude
    Participant

The prices were up a little today. Many more $100,000 plus cars. I was surprised that a couple AAR ‘Cudas went for less than $100,000 when they are on ebay at $125,000 or more every month. I was shocked that the Beverly Hillbillies truck went for big bucks. I wouldn’t have paid over $20.

I was also surprised at Dyno Don Nicholson’s Mustang 2 going for $85,000 when Grumpy Jenkins’ Vega went for close to $500,000 last year.

circletrack
    Participant

Overall I think the prices are down this year, and you can tell from many of the sellers they were expecting much more. I was surprised how much Tony Stewart’s car went for last night, even though it was for charity. I wish I had the money some of those people have to toss around and purchase multiple cars. Tonight should be the bigger cars, with Craig doing more begging! jumpy.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.