Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Biz not as usual

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Folks
    Sorry have not been in lately I have been run over in the shop (spring fever type jobs. I am going to post some photo’s , my wife is loading them on a disc now for me . we are working on a Jeep that had been a grand national winner in the specail events program for over 7 years plus. we started fabbing some stainless goodies for Dave about 2 years ago . This year he came back and he got bummped up another class so we have to put more glitter on for him. He is a great guy to do work for and we seem to keep him happy. :D His jeep has been on CNN motor sports a few times so it gets us some screen time .I wil try to load some photo’s here in a bit . thumbsup.gif Keep an eye out im goin to load them tonight. w00t.gif
    Daves-Jeep-010.jpg
    Daves-Jeep-005.jpg
    This is the stainless firewall we built 2 years ago.
    Daves-Jeep-020.jpg

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure look slike a show stopper to me, bud…

Lots of time and effort in that baby, for sure!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah it looks great! You do amazing work!! w00t.gif thumbsup.gif jumpy.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Folks
    Here is an update on our stainless Jeep project.
    DSCF0009.jpg
    This is a view above is from the creeper looking up.
    DSCF0006.jpg
    This above photo is obviously the tailgate . icon_rolleyes.gif
    DSCF0013.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Looks great Steve!! How long have you been working on this project?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow ! This seems to be a hell of a good job thumbsup.gif icon_thumright.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Garibaldi
    This one has only been here for two weeks It is schedual to leave Monday after noon wave.gif Time enough to go get his drive train installed and it is of to the shows.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys for the comps , this is one of my easier jobs . This one is pretty much like a dres up which is a whole lot easier than fabricating body parts and then getting them to fit. :D :D icon_rolleyes.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well you do great work Steve!! jumpy.gif Do you have any pics of other projects you’ve done?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry About that Guys
    I was just about to post and my DSL went down icon_rolleyes.gif
    This is something they say is not suppose to happen. icon_eek.gif
    I have some photo’s of jobs in current , these last a while some a year or two.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Sorry About that Guys
    I was just about to post and my DSL went down icon_rolleyes.gif
    This is something they say is not suppose to happen. icon_eek.gif
    I have some photo’s of jobs in current , these last a while some a year or two.

It would be interesting to see and hear about those if you have some time. 😉

Funny, the site was also running very sluggish for awhile there, fortunately it has straightened itself out now… thumbsup.gif

GTO Man

Looks great. What is your favorite type of project? What do you find the most challenging as far as hard to work with?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi GTO
    Thats a loaded question , figure all jobs come in different levels of difficulty. I truly enjoy challenges it keeps me fresh . The most difficult thing I have come across is most times the customer. Especialy when the say ” hey I dont want to be that fussy in that area” . I really do struggle with this because my level of fussy is most times different from there’s .And I learned a long time ago when they say that it might be that they cant quite afford to spend that much money in that particular area of the job. Other than that it seems the challenge comes with each job to make it nicer than the last . I realy fear getting stail , I constantly try to make the job or repair less and less obvious. Meening I like the customer to see the finished product before the sealer or primer coat is applied.
    This gives the oppertunity for the customer to see the repair in bare steel and I get to watch there expression when they try to find the weld seams or were the repair started or ended. I guess my answer to your question
    GTO is the challenges only seem to present oppertunities to learn that Im never done learning and I cant amagine ever not being totaly infatuated with how I make my living every day. icon_wink.gif :D

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi GTO
    Thats a loaded question , figure all jobs come in different levels of difficulty. I truly enjoy challenges it keeps me fresh . The most difficult thing I have come across is most times the customer. Especialy when the say ” hey I dont want to be that fussy in that area” . I really do struggle with this because my level of fussy is most times different from there’s .And I learned a long time ago when they say that it might be that they cant quite afford to spend that much money in that particular area of the job. Other than that it seems the challenge comes with each job to make it nicer than the last . I realy fear getting stail , I constantly try to make the job or repair less and less obvious. Meening I like the customer to see the finished product before the sealer or primer coat is applied.
    This gives the oppertunity for the customer to see the repair in bare steel and I get to watch there expression when they try to find the weld seams or were the repair started or ended. I guess my answer to your question
    GTO is the challenges only seem to present oppertunities to learn that Im never done learning and I cant amagine ever not being totaly infatuated with how I make my living every day. icon_wink.gif :D

Steve, it sounds like you’re very committed to your work and to producing the best quality on your products. Keep up the good work! thumbsup.gif jumpy.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Drogar-Oops(LBG).gif Thanks Guys Drogar-Oops(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Drogar-Oops(LBG).gif Thanks Guys Drogar-Oops(LBG).gif

No problem Steve, keep up the great work! thumbsup.gif jumpy.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.