Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Biz not as usual

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Folks
    Sorry have not been in lately I have been run over in the shop (spring fever type jobs. I am going to post some photo’s , my wife is loading them on a disc now for me . we are working on a Jeep that had been a grand national winner in the specail events program for over 7 years plus. we started fabbing some stainless goodies for Dave about 2 years ago . This year he came back and he got bummped up another class so we have to put more glitter on for him. He is a great guy to do work for and we seem to keep him happy. :D His jeep has been on CNN motor sports a few times so it gets us some screen time .I wil try to load some photo’s here in a bit . thumbsup.gif Keep an eye out im goin to load them tonight. w00t.gif
    Daves-Jeep-010.jpg
    Daves-Jeep-005.jpg
    This is the stainless firewall we built 2 years ago.
    Daves-Jeep-020.jpg

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Guys
    I would like to share an email with you I received from a customer and his 35 Ford 5 window . About 5 years ago we were contracted to build this car. It consisted of a chop top a channeled and sectioned body (move the entire roof forward) and shorten the door bottoms and manufacturre a set of roker panels which 35 Ford never had . We also built a custom chassis and suspenssion .

Steve, it’s been a few years since my car was in your shop.
    I’ve been driving it since last summer (finally!). I get a lot of nice
    comments on your chop and on the car overall. I need to know what
    kind of front-end you put in the car. I get asked that question a lot but
    don’t know the answer. I’m attaching a picture of the finished product.
    Mid Penn Bank
    MVC-010S.jpg

GTO Man

That is one cool looking car. I love that color, what shade of purple is that?. Did you have the wheels custom made. How much of a chop did you do? I like the way the back flows.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Wow looks great Steve! Do you have any before pics?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Folks
    Yes I do i will have to scan them down . Some thing I should have done a while ago . There was a fellow in the mid west that wanted to chop his 35 along with various other mods and would like to see them also. This was before we had a digital camara . icon_eek.gif But Iwill have to get that done . The Jeep leaves today so I should have a few more free moments in the day jumpy.gif
    I ask Randy to come up to the shop so we could get some more up dates on the finished product . thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi GTO
    The Color is PPG Rasberry , the wheels are Criager directionals .
    The chop top is 3 5/8 in the front and 2 1/2 in the back . That is were it gets its nice rake look to it . I also moved the entire roof forward 2 1/2 inches and shrunk the side Opra windows to make evrything look proportional. I shaved the bottom of the doors and turned them into rocker panels because I channeled the body over the frame 5 inches. This way when you open the door you would not be looking at a huge step up to the floor pan. When I load some of the photo’s I will run them in adobe so i can point out the area’s and explain the steps i went threw.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hi Folks
    Yes I do i will have to scan them down . Some thing I should have done a while ago . There was a fellow in the mid west that wanted to chop his 35 along with various other mods and would like to see them also. This was before we had a digital camara . icon_eek.gif But Iwill have to get that done . The Jeep leaves today so I should have a few more free moments in the day jumpy.gif
    I ask Randy to come up to the shop so we could get some more up dates on the finished product . thumbsup.gif

Sounds good, don’t rush it just whenever you have time. thumbsup.gif

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.