Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for April 27 to May 3

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Ah, I think I know what the problem is! When you upload the photos together they are all really huge if you’re taking them just from your camera. Anyway this photo upload process is too complicated and its something I’ve been wanting to change, so now I have! I’ve installed a program on the site for uploading photos. Now, a Java application will make it a lot easier.

1. Simply go to the same link but now you’ll be presented with a Java application.
    2. Select the “Car Shows 2009” category and the “Cars and Coffee” album.
    3. Then click the “Browse” button below and select the photos or the folder of photos you want to add.
    4. Then click Open and then Upload

It may take a minute to upload all of them but it will show you the progress and when its done it will pop up a message. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

jonmandude
    Participant

step 1…check
    step 2…check
    step 3…check
    step 4 …upload…warning window followed by page lock up.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

It seems that someone or something doesn’t want photos from Cars and Coffee getting posted! 😯

A warning like that is probably caused by either an old version of Java or an old browser. If you have the latest Java (Java 6) and either Firefox 3 or Google Chrome then it should work.

Alternatively, you can use this program called VSO Image Resizer. Its free and is what I use to resize photos. Once you install it, right click on the folder containing your photos and click “VSO Image Resizer”. Once the window comes up select “1024×768” under Profile and set Quality to 100%. Then click Ok and it will resize your photos. Once done, you can then upload the resized photos (named old_photo_name-1024.jpg) using the old method, which will work now and not time out because you’re uploading a much smaller bunch of files.

Or just attach them to an email and send them to me and I can add them.

Thanks for your patience on getting this figured out!

RivFan
    Participant

jonmandude wrote:

Quote:
    One question…Why do Corvette owners always show to car events and think there is something special about their bone-stock, store-bought, Crayola Crayon, cars?

Question for Corvette owners…When you park at a show with multiple Corvettes, what sets yours apart from everyone else? What is unique about your car that makes me want to see it?

Sorry..had to vent.

Jon:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but as a virtually “bone stock” C5 Corvette owner, I do not share your view. What makes Corvette unique is that it is an American Icon, a symbol of the best America has to offer. Today’s “store-bought, crayola crayon, bone-stock” Corvette is a collector vehicle the minute it leaves the showroom floor. It will be collectible in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years and 50 years. Which is something that most Toyotas, Nissans, and Hondas will not be – even a “pimped out” white one. Those vehicles are something that the Corvette will never be however – a modern day transportation appliance.

Your rant smacks of a bit of jealousy and a preference for modified cars vs. factory stock. I can live with that, we all have our personal tastes. As for parking together at cruise-ins, etc. Corvette owners feel a certain pride and share a bond as stewards of America’s premier sportscar. It is not an “I’m better than you” type of attitude, but more of a “birds of a feather flock together” kind of thing. Much like Harley-Davidson owners do. If you owned one, you would understand.

We all have our likes and dislikes within the car hobby, but the one thing we share is a passion for cars. I think it’s great that a group of Ferrari, Corvette, Nissan and VW owners all get together for coffee on a Sunday morning and share their passion with each other and the public – no matter where they choose to park or how they choose to display their cars…

…Sorry, just my opinion and my turn to vent.

jonmandude
    Participant

I appreciate your input and view. That is a view I can definitely respect and appreciate.

My view is not one of jealousy, it is distaste of the attitude of superiority. Your statement indicating that I must be jealous coupled with the “pimped out white one” statement is exactly what I mean by that attitude. “You don’t get it because I don’t own a Corvette”, “You are just jealous”, “That is nice for a (insert whatever car here) but my Corvette is (insert superiority statement here)”. I have heard them all.

They are just cars, not everyone shares the same taste, which is one of the beautiful things in this hobby. They are all assembled the same (nuts and bolts) and all loved by their owners. One brand or model is not better than another.

My experience with many Corvette owners has not been an experience of respect of others. While I have met some Corvette owners that are car enthusiasts, I have met many, many more that feel they have the right to talk down upon others simply because they have purchased a Corvette and that purchase has entitled them to special treatment in the world. I have even had one Corvette owner call me an asshole simply because I was having a show of classic cars (pre-1972) and I would not let his 2003 Corvette in because it (and I quote) “a Corvette and it deserves to be allowed in”.

I like the indivuality in this hobby, the uniqueness of a modified vehicle. I do not want a vehicle that looks like another. I am a “stand out in the crowd kind” of person, not a “join the group because they are elitist” kind of person.

I apologize if my rant offended you. I do not wish to start a war of words.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can understand where both of you are coming from when it comes to Vette’s.

I want one, mainly a C4 since they are getting inexpensive now. I have even kicked around selling the Camaro and purchase a Vette. I’ve always wanted one since I saw my first 67 when I was 8 years old.

That said. I’ve had plenty of Vette owners belittle my car collection because of the flaws it has. More Vette owners then anyone else. More Vette owners that have stock cars above anything.

It makes me slightly apprehensive towards a C4-5-6 owner when they approach me but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and be very pleasant and polite and talk cars with them, but when they start belittling cars in front of me I normally exit stage left before my mouth gets running.

Group hug, can’t we all just get along?B)

lordairgtar
    Participant

I have never felt the superiority thing from any Corvette owner, even when I had really awful cars. In the 80s when I moved to Wisconsin, I started autocrossing my 76 Hornet X 304 V8. I participated in rallyes with all manor of cars with one of the local Vette clubs, even a Chevette. They even invite me to there yearly shows to draw cars without charging me a vendor fee.

jonmandude
    Participant

Let me try to start over…without the hurt feelings and anger towards the “even a pimped out white one” and “you would understand if you owned one” comments. For the money I have in my “pimped out white one” I could buy a Corvette, but I wouldn’t be as happy.

A little about me. I am mid-40’s and have grown up around cars. I have owned, worked on, driven or had rides in many, many great cars, including Corvettes. The fastest I have ever driven was in a mid-90’s ZR1 (178mph). The are very nice cars, and very stable at speeds. They are, without a doubt, one of (if not THE) best American made cars. But they do not have the uniqueness that I look for. For those looking to be part of the Corvette culture, buy one and you will be happy. That is not me. I do understand the Corvette lifestyle, I also understand that it is not for me. Honestly for the price of a new Z06 Corvette I would rather have a Nissan GTR, New Mustang Shelby Super Snake, or any number of Classic muscle cars. That is me, I don’t expect everyone else to feel as I do or share my passion. Many (not all) Corvette owners seem to expect everyone to share their particular passion and if they don’t they are just jealous.

The scariest cars I have been in are
    1) a Norwood prepared, twin turbo 512TR
    2) a twin turbo V12 Mercedes
    3) a Twin turbo 2JZ Toyota Supra

The most enjoyable drives
    1) a GT3
    2) a 69 Hemi Coronet R/T
    3) the Maxima in my garage. It is one of the most stable cars I have ever driven at over 125mph.

My true loves will always be late 60’s – early 70’s Mopars.

I do not criticize other cars and try to have respect for their owners. For that reason I apologize if I have offended anyone with my comments. I vented about something that irks me. Again I apologize.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Spam deleted…

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.