Welcome Forum Car Shows Car Cruises and Shows for July 20 to July 26

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    There must of been a little over 100 cars last year. It is set at the Jones dealership on the edge of town. Allot of nice cars, good food, relaxed atmosphere. I didn’t stick around for the awards.

Here is a link to the calendar entry:http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/calendar/modules/joomla15/projects/car_show_calendar_2009/published/pages/details.php?event=437&instance=2009-7-25

The flyer pdf is on there.

Just a note that HWY 14 is under construction. It starts in Cross Plains, and I’m not sure how far west they go with the work…

All the way to Mazomanie.

If your coming from Madison, go to Cross Plains, then get on Hwy KP south of town, follow that threw to Mazo and you are back on Hwy 14.

KP is rough though, lots of traffic and the road has a terrible shoulder so if you are driving something low to the ground I’d suggest going from Cross Plains north to Hwy 19, then follow 19 to Mazo.

Live in mazo, wife drives KP every morning and she has said the road is getting to be shit. Semi’s are tearing it up but good. I am on it a few times a week and it has gotten very rough compared to years ago.

Another really crappy road coming from Sauk to Mazo is Hwy Y. Stay on Hwy 78 if you are coming from Sauk area to Mazo then that way.

GTO Man

Thanks everyone on the Hwy 14 construction info and routes. It looks like the weather is going to cooperate this weekend.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant
    Quote:
    What happened there? I’ve always heard that Fox Lake was a pretty good show…

There were some issues in how a few of the classes were judged. A bit of confusion, favoritism, shady judging of judges’ friends’ cars.

circletrack
    Participant

That show is way too big for that kind of stuff. We haven’t been there in years, seems like the same cars win year after year. The best part of that show is the burnout contest at the end. Oh yeah!

Anonymous
    Inactive

There was a “special segment” on one of the local TV stations this morning, NBC15, with Christine Bellport. It was a 2 to 3 minute special, advertising this show She interviewed the promoter of this show, live and on camera, and showed video of last year’s show. I didn’t know about this show, until the shows were posted on the forum this week. This looks like a very nice show! GTO Man, please do a comprehensive rating of this show when you get back.

mdunn6
    Participant

Sunday heading to Car Tunes Grill and Bar 9th Annual Car Show – Beloit, WI,Nice small show with cool trophys.Hope weather is good, Drive safe & have a good day !

WIZARDS ” Make It Shine “

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.