Welcome Forum Car Shows Cars on State 2009

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Cars on State will happen again this year. For those interested the applications need to be in by April 6. Following is a link to the show on the calendar.

May 2009
    Direct Link to Show Info

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k
    moparkid25
    Participant

I don’t know, $20 to apply to have your car in the show up there?

I know quite a few people who have had there car in the show. Said it was a really good time, but were nervous with all the bicycles, skateboards, and homeless around there cars… They always seem to have a great turnout and good weather. It would be cool if this show got to be large enough they didn’t have to sort thru applicants, and could charge less for an entry fee?

Amigo2k

agreed. I think we have discussed this the last 2 years. Sunday would be a better day, so you could have cars down st. street and around the capitol. There is already so much going on saturday morning with the farmers market.

Xman
    Participant

Oh sign me up…..not, they should be paying us $20 to show up…The downtown businesses want to get customers down there, and they want to hand select the cars that show up. Make em pay…:P my .02

moparkid25
    Participant

Xman wrote:

Quote:
    Oh sign me up…..not, they should be paying us $20 to show up…The downtown businesses want to get customers down there, and they want to hand select the cars that show up. Make em pay…:P my .02

But then the SSBA would have to ok it, then the city council would take until the late hours of the morning to make a decision, then mayor dave would only want to select “green” vehicles, and so on…. That’s gonna cost a lot more than $20 :laugh:

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Cars on State has become rediculously over rated. Its a “jurried” show with a huge price tag. Not to mention all the bikes, boards and such.

The concept is novel, the execution of it sucks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    Xman wrote:

Quote:

But then the SSBA would have to ok it, then the city council would take until the late hours of the morning to make a decision, then mayor dave would only want to select “green” vehicles, and so on…. That’s gonna cost a lot more than $20 :laugh:

:) I’d say there would be a few extra commitee meetings and a protest or two.

Xman
    Participant

Maybe it should be a Hybrid parade instead.. B)

moparkid25
    Participant

Xman wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, I remember the hybrid club at QSL last year… a couple hippies walking around the lot looking at other cars in there bare feet and hemp clothing…

I guess State Street wouldn’t really be much different then… :whistle:

Xman
    Participant

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    Xman wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, I remember the hybrid club at QSL last year… a couple hippies walking around the lot looking at other cars in there bare feet and hemp clothing…

I guess State Street wouldn’t really be much different then… :whistle:

Sounds more like Spaight St. Furry legs and comfortable shoes..:woohoo:

lordairgtar
    Participant

Perhaps one could get together with the car people and the car clubs and ask for a solution to the problem of skaters and bikes.

GTO Man

There are very few car shows in Madison so this one is welcome. You won’t find a show with more spectators than this one. And from talking with some people who brought their cars last year, they had no issues.

Amigo2k

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    There are very few car shows in Madison so this one is welcome. You won’t find a show with more spectators than this one. And from talking with some people who brought their cars last year, they had no issues.

agreed. This is a great show to get the public involved to see it they can catch the bug too.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:
    GTO Man wrote:

Quote:

agreed. This is a great show to get the public involved to see it they can catch the bug too.

Old hippie dude: Hey, I was enjoyin’ my buzz walking down State street, and like guess what, they had like these old cool cars with V8s in ’em.

Old hippie chicky: Wow! Talk about no respect for Mother Nature. I’ll bet they were real proud of their fossil fueled beasts. Maybe we should mount a protest.

OHD: I’m thinkin’ ’bout draggin’ the old Vega out of the back yard and restoring it. Maybe drop in a 350.

OHC: WHAT!!!??? And ruin my compost bin? No way.

OHD: Be cool sister, it’s like recycling…takin something old and rebuilding it, like your old bicycle.

OHC: It’ll be cool, I know a dude who wrecked his Prius and we can get the battery pack and controls out of it and mate it to the 350 and it’ll be awesome. It’ll be fast and good for the planet.

OHD: That’s what I mean, sister! Now I just need to get a real job instead of boxing day old bread at the co-op.

Anonymous
    Inactive

lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:
    Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:
    GTO Man wrote:

Quote:

Old hippie dude: Hey, I was enjoyin’ my buzz walking down State street, and like guess what, they had like these old cool cars with V8s in ’em.

Old hippie chicky: Wow! Talk about no respect for Mother Nature. I’ll bet they were real proud of their fossil fueled beasts. Maybe we should mount a protest.

OHD: I’m thinkin’ ’bout draggin’ the old Vega out of the back yard and restoring it. Maybe drop in a 350.

OHC: WHAT!!!??? And ruin my compost bin? No way.

OHD: Be cool sister, it’s like recycling…takin something old and rebuilding it, like your old bicycle.

OHC: It’ll be cool, I know a dude who wrecked his Prius and we can get the battery pack and controls out of it and mate it to the 350 and it’ll be awesome. It’ll be fast and good for the planet.

OHD: That’s what I mean, sister! Now I just need to get a real job instead of boxing day old bread at the co-op.

😆 Standing “O” for that one.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.