We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Cars you currently own…

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Allright guys,

Garibaldi suggested this thread. It’s not too difficult – post up those pictures of your car. I’ll kick off with my new car – bought it two weeks ago. It’s a Nissan Almera E 1.5l petrol.

Compressed_front.jpg

Compressed_engine.jpg

This is my first ever car. I am finding it financially difficult but incredibly liberating. My life is certainly much easier now.

Cobra

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Very nice Cobra! :D 8) :rr:
    No license plates though??

GTO Man

Nice car, should get good mileage. As prices keep going higher people will have to start thinking about fuel mileage. Around here it just hit $2.05/gallon for regular unleaded, mid-grade is 2.15 and premium about 2.25.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Nice car, should get good mileage. As prices keep going higher people will have to start thinking about fuel mileage. Around here it just hit $2.05/gallon for regular unleaded, mid-grade is 2.15 and premium about 2.25.

And it shows no signs of stopping, should be $2.50 by the end of the summer. A hybrid would be really nice about now! :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do have licence plates, but I removed them craftily in PhotoShop. Also removed a load of detail from the house – that brick wall isn’t all it seems…

I get 45-50mpg in my Almera. Not bad for a 1.5!

Would like to get this for it, though:

insane.jpg

I am not a boy racer (hate them) but I like this, and it’s a little touch that would be pretty cool in my opinion. Maybe for the dashboard? 😆

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I do have licence plates, but I removed them craftily in PhotoShop. Also removed a load of detail from the house – that brick wall isn’t all it seems…

I get 45-50mpg in my Almera. Not bad for a 1.5!

Would like to get this for it, though:

insane.jpg

I am not a boy racer (hate them) but I like this, and it’s a little touch that would be pretty cool in my opinion. Maybe for the dashboard? 😆

haha 😆 😆 That would be pretty funny!
    Go for it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perfect for a first post, thanks for the invite Garibaldi.

720GoldGT-405-med.jpg

I drive it only on weekends which is a good thing given our fuel pricing situation. My daily driver is a 1995 Toyota Corolla and I’m glad I didn’t trade it in when it came time to purchase the Mustang in 2000. My daily commute to work is a total of 60 miles each day and I would rather have the Corolla to take on the wear and tear as well as the bulk of the mileage consumption. 32+ miles per gallon is a very beautiful thing.

GTO Man

Nice looking Mustang. Has it been customized at all?

Anonymous
    Inactive

insane.jpg
    Ahhh yes. The Cobra avatar from a little over a year ago 8) I like your current one much better though :D (Ummm. since you have no avatar here, obviously I mean at Convopit) :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahh thank you. The list of modifications both internal and external is long and deep and as with all car buffs I feel I have a long way to go. This has been done off the top of my head.

Motor & Drivetrain

Steeda underdrive pulleys
    Steeda timing adjuster
    MAC cold air intake
    Accufab upper intake & throttlebody
    Ford Motorsport shorty headers
    Bassani X-pipe
    DynoMax Ultraflow catback exhaust
    Mosher 31 spline axles
    Ford Motorsport 3.73 gears
    Autologic performance chip

Suspension

Steeda sport springs
    Tokico Shocks & Struts
    Ford Motorsport subframe connectors

Appearance

Saleen Bodykit & 18″ wheels
    Carbon fiber & stainless steel accents in the interior
    white face gauges

I have another engine block in the garage for my next project which is to have it bored, stoked and beefed up to make around 400 horsepower. Then the fun starts with the Vortech supercharger. 😈

GTO Man

Very nicely done. All the modifications fit perfectly with the car. What do you think of the new Mustang? I think they did a great job of incorporating the retro look. Looks like Steve Mcqueen could pull up in it it at any time.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Very nicely done. All the modifications fit perfectly with the car. What do you think of the new Mustang? I think they did a great job of incorporating the retro look. Looks like Steve Mcqueen could pull up in it it at any time.

Thank you. I forgot to mention that I really need to beef up the stock transmission before I dive in with the motor. I see it time and time again that people new to the car modification game are thinking to add huge amounts of horsepower without thinking what it will do to a stock transmission or rear axle assembly. Something is bound to break. I tell those people who ask to prep their tranny and rear end for the supercharger or turbo (purchase stronger axles, stronger transmission). It may take longer but it will save some money and hardship in the long run.

I think Ford did the right thing in taking their time to develop and release the new Mustang. They sent representatives to various Ford events and car shows all over the country for the past four years and asked for feedback as to what they would like to see in the new Mustang. They took this advice and incorporated it into the new design which has worked out well for them. This is the first new complete redesign for the car in 27 years. When I saw that I’m including the chasis and suspension, which has been using a 1978 Ford Fairmont design, pretty frightening eh?

The new chasis is a derivation of the Lincoln LS platform which makes great strides in ride comfort and handling and with the horsepower coming straight out of the box, it’s great bang for the buck. I’m waiting for the new Cobra to come out. It will be revealed at the New York auto show on March 25 and it’s been said that it will be supercharged and rated at 450 HP. Another interesting thing is that Carroll Shelby has signed on with Ford for one final run and his name may once again return to the Mustang Cobra nameplate. We know he would not put his name on something unless it has the performance worthy of his endorsement.

Well enough about the Mustang knowledge, I want to know your take on the new GTO. GM made a nice move in replacing the LS1 motor it had last year with the LS2 that is found in the new C6 Corvette. It seems like we are undergoing a muscle car revival. The hurtful thing is that we have rising fuel costs that go with it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mike,

Yes. Their timing is a little off. They probably started the trend when gas prices were $1.59 for regular :P

But the whole SUV popularity made them a ton of money and they might see pseudo-muscle cars as a way to capitalize.

I think that iif gas goes much higher, we’ll start seeing a repeat of the ’80s when car commercials advertised MPG instead of horsepower like they do now. People won’t want to take food off the table to feed their hungry concept car.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    insane.jpg
    Ahhh yes. The Cobra avatar from a little over a year ago 8) I like your current one much better though :D (Ummm. since you have no avatar here, obviously I mean at Convopit) :D

haha 😆 😆 Cobra, you’ll have to setup an avatar here…. maybe a gif animation of your new Nissan!

Quote:
    Ahh thank you. The list of modifications both internal and external is long and deep and as with all car buffs I feel I have a long way to go. This has been done off the top of my head.

Motor & Drivetrain

Steeda underdrive pulleys
    Steeda timing adjuster
    MAC cold air intake
    Accufab upper intake & throttlebody
    Ford Motorsport shorty headers
    Bassani X-pipe
    DynoMax Ultraflow catback exhaust
    Mosher 31 spline axles
    Ford Motorsport 3.73 gears
    Autologic performance chip

Suspension

Steeda sport springs
    Tokico Shocks & Struts
    Ford Motorsport subframe connectors

Appearance

Saleen Bodykit & 18″ wheels
    Carbon fiber & stainless steel accents in the interior
    white face gauges

I have another engine block in the garage for my next project which is to have it bored, stoked and beefed up to make around 400 horsepower. Then the fun starts with the Vortech supercharger.

Very nice! 😯 A truely excetional car. I agree, its a good idea to upgrade the stock tranny with the rest of the modifications or you could run into problems later on. Great car though.

I agree about the new Mustang, it has style and really brings back the feel of the old Mustangs. The new GTO also has style that we haven’t seen in recent years. Plus the Steve McQueen commercial was great!

GTO Man

I think the new GTO has the drivetrain to live up to the original’s heritage. Styling-wise I think they did a poor job, but the aftermarket industry will come up with many products. I have a ’68 GTO convertible. They were a tough looking car with the power to back it up. The new one can certainly back it up also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love the classic styling and grunt of the GTO both then and now. We have a local performance shop called Motorsport Technologies (http://www.motorsporttech.com/). They specialize in LS1, LS2, LS6, and ZL1 equipped rides and one package that caught my eye was one in which they take the stock GTO, perform a bore/stroke job, new heads and cam, intake and exhaust and tuning enhancement. At the end of the day they will produce a GTO that will make 645 horsepower. You should see their Z07 package for the Corvette. 😈

I also have a local outfit that sells classic cars and muscle from all eras. Have a look:

http://www.streetdreamstexas.com/update.php?command=showimage&pk=69-1564

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.