Welcome Forum The Lounge Christmas Season

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Is anyone else sick of the Xmas season where the only question is ‘How much money are you going to spend?’. They are already pushing the junk they are trying to get rid of.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Absolutely!

Fortunately, this year, both of my children are now older and no longer interested in alot of needless junk under the Christmas tree. The kids are at an age where practicality and need are more important that whats new this year and hot.

Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant

I hate the Holiday season. The whole aspect has been so commercialized that the real meaning is gone.

Amigo2k

I was watching NBC news at 10 last night and they had a ticker at the bottom of the screen with info when the stores open on Friday icon_vomit1.gif

I’m going to do my shopping on Amazon and have it delivered to my door….

circletrack
    Participant

Ryan, I saw that too! I remember when the stores opened at 7 a.m. and we thought that was early, it’s now pushed back to 4 a.m. Why on earth open that early and how does the staffing work? No thanks, I see no need for that!

GTO Man

Why would anyone get up to go shopping at 4am. The retailers have people in this country trained well, just like lemmings.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My son is a sales associate at JC Penneys WestTowne, and a large part of his income is commissions on his sales totals. He has to be in store and ready to work at 5AM on Friday. His record one day pay will happen on Black Friday, so that’s a good thing.

GTO Man

It is good that people benefit from the early hours. I think allot of the shopping has become a social occasion also.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    My son is a sales associate at JC Penneys WestTowne, and a large part of his income is commissions on his sales totals. He has to be in store and ready to work at 5AM on Friday. His record one day pay will happen on Black Friday, so that’s a good thing.

I used to work part-time at JCP west towne, that (nextto washing dishes in high school) was the worst job I ever had crybaby2.gif In retail, your job is based on commision, and you have to push poeple into buying stuff wether they want it or not. One time I had to work until 11pm for some XMas sale, after that I said “F— it” and quit Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif Your boy has my sympathies….unfortunately now I have to go shopping icon_vomit1.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

moparkid25, you and I do agree occasionally jumpy.gif

I could not do what my son does. I have no desire to work with the general public, in a setting such as JCP. But my son seems to enjoy what he’s doing. But then again, when I was 21, if I made enough money to hang out and wear cool clothes and buy cold beer, everything was in it’s proper place in the universe icon_cheesygrin.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

In reality, the hours work out really well for him. He is a part time studen at MATC and is on campus until noon about every day and he typically works in the afternoons and nights. He is required to work every Saturday, Sunday, and most holidays. That schedule would not work for me at all.

Marshall

jonmandude
    Participant

My mother works at Kohls South Towne. She had to be there for them to open at 4:00am. She said that there were 35 cars in the lot at 3:30. What is up with people? Do you have so much money to waste that you have to get up extra early to spend it? My Gawd!!! I have never understood the “it was on sale so I had to buy it” mentality.

I only look forward to one thing at Christmas…an excuse to wear my Grinch tie.

jonmandude
    Participant

Oh, have you all heard about the silliness in Sydney, Australia? Santa is not allowed to say “ho, ho, ho” anymore because the term may be offensive to women. Now they are to say “ha, ha, ha”.

This world has lost it.

GTO Man

Political correctness has gotten way out of hand everywhere. Madison may be the worst when they won’t use the term ‘manhole cover’, they call it ‘sewer access device’. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Though not being allowed to use ‘ho ho ho’ may be more ridiculous.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I only look forward to one thing at Christmas…an excuse to wear my Grinch tie.

That sounds like one sweet tie! icon_punk.gif

Well ‘ha ha ha’ and a merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

circletrack
    Participant

Well, in the defense of those that got up in the middle of the night to go shopping (I was NOT one of them), I have a couple friends that did and saved some major money with the early sales. I guess if you’re looking for that one special item and it’s really marked down, go for it. I went to the mall around 10 and the parking lot was packed, no parking spots to be found. I waited until later in the day and it was much better. It seems many people do the majority of their shopping that day judging by the number of packages being carried around.

It’s a long weekend for retailers, Sunday probably can’t come soon enough but then again there is always another sale around the bend! ;)

jonmandude
    Participant

The experts say that Black Friday is the best day of the year for deals, followed closely by the Saturday before Christmas. Me, personally, I would rather spend the extra cash to not deal with crowds….or getting up at God awful hours of the night.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.