Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Concept Cars

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

54buickwildcatiiconcept9fn.jpg

1954 Buick Wildcat II

54cadillacelcaminoshowcar9fy.jpg

1954 Cadillac El Camino Show Car

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    This GM Futureliner brought 4 million at Barrett-Jackson. futurliner9sq.jpg

That looks hot!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Plus it has a fold-down stage! w00t.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

It looks like a train on rubber wheels. Kind of a cross between a train and bus.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    It looks like a train on rubber wheels. Kind of a cross between a train and bus.

All you need is a smokestack coming out the top to make it complete eh? Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

yessir

Anonymous
    Inactive

homcar1.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Homer!
    BEST…CONCEPT…CAR…EVER!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Where’s the Duff tapper? Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Duffman..can’t breathe…oh no!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some of the Chicago Auto show pics I found on the Car and Driver website.

l_29200611655.jpg
    If you liked the Neon-based SRT-4, you’re gonna love the Caliber version. The Caliber is Dodge’s daring replacement for the Neon, and the SRT-4 is its ultimate expression. SRT stands for Street and Racing Technology, the DaimlerChrysler skunkworks devoted to making not-so-fast cars faster, and fast cars faster still. Although the displacement is roughly the same as the previous SRT-4 powerplant, this is an all-new four-cylinder aluminum engine, developed jointly by the DCX Chrysler Group, Hyundai Motor, and Mitsubishi. Dubbed the World Engine, it’s produced in Dundee, Michigan, and in SRT tune it sports turbocharging, intercooling, variable valve timing, balance shafts, and a dual-mass flywheel. Output — 300 horsepower, 260-pound feet of torque — is formidable, and the power finds its way to the front wheels via a six-speed Getrag manual gearbox and limited slip differential. It’s a hot package, and looks it, with raceworthy bucket seats, a functional hood scoop, huge brakes, oversize calipers, 19-inch cast aluminum wheels, and low-profile W-rated Goodyear tires. The new SRT-4 is due in Dodge showrooms in mid-2007. Look for a base price of about $26,000.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Behold! Some more European Goodness that Ford will never ship to the states because they are idiots!
    I found these on the Car and Driver website, under their Geneva Autoshow section.
    The 2007 Focus Cabriolet
    022720062200044125.jpg
    Just look how pretty this thing is, and it has a retractable hard top roof.
    022720062200051734.jpg
    022720062200063310.jpg

Quote:
    This clever folding hardtop two-door won’t come to the U.S. because it’s based on the current Euro Focus — the one Ford thinks Americans are too dumb to appreciate.
    BY RAY HUTTON
    PHOTOGRAPHY BY MIKE VALENTE
    March 2006
    Shown a year ago at the 2005 Geneva show as the Vignale concept car, the open-top version of the European Focus will go on sale in the fall of 2006 as the Focus Coupe Cabriolet. It is yet another retractable hardtop developed by Pininfarina in Italy which will make this model for Ford along with the new Mitsubishi Colt CZC. The Volvo C70, which uses the same underpinnings as the Euro Focus, is also made in association with Pininfarina, but that is in Sweden and the roof mechanisms are not the same; the Volvo top divides itself into three as it disappears into the trunk but the Ford has a simpler, cheaper, more space-consuming two-section system. The Focus Coupe Cabriolet will be offered in Europe with 1.6- and 2.0-liter gasoline engines and a 2.0-liter diesel and sell at a proportionally lower price than the turbocharged Volvo. Sadly, here in America we’re still saddled with the original generation Focus while Europeans got a thoroughly redesigned vehicle more than a year ago — Ford apparently thinks we’re all too dumb to tell the difference. Because the Coupe Cabriolet is based on the current Euro Focus, we won’t get it in the U.S.

The bold was added by me.
    I consider this an insult by Ford, they have the nerve to complain about low sales, while they continue to try to get us to buy the now ugly, boring and gutless Focus, the bland Fusion and 500 and the stone age Mustang.
    This car looks HOT, if anything Ford should bring this over as is, and sell it as a Mercury.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Ford Focus above would sell like Hotcakes over here, but then it might compete against the the Ragtop Mustang….

Anonymous
    Inactive

See that is Fords problem, they are scared of “hurting Mustang sales”, a car like this would appeal to someone who wants a fun convertable but does not want a V-8, or a V-6 the 2.0 liter is a good engine (though the US would probably get the 2.3 liter which is better) that gets good milage.
    Plus its a hard top, that would appeal to a lot of people.

But I still think to keep from hurting Fords beloved Mustang that they should make the car a Mercury.

GTO Man

There should be more than enough buyers for both models. They are very short-sighted. Ford and GM have alienated many previous owners with the junk they have put out for so long. Unfortunately they may never be able to win them back. I know alot of people who will never buy a car from an American company again. I don’t blame them, I have been stung a number of times also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

`The Lamborghini Miura concept, it was shown at this years Detroit motor show. And man is it hot looking… thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Concept_Lamborghini_Miura_frontangle_mfr_430.jpg
    Concept_Lamborghini_Miura_rearangle_mfr_430.jpg
    Concept_Lamborghini_Miura_side_mfr_430.jpg
    And here is a picutre of the original 1966 model.
    Concept_Lamborghini_Miura_old_front_mfr_430.jpg

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.