Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Do red cars really cost more??

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

An obvious accessory to any car is the color. Now as you may have noticed the vast majority of cars are red. Does anyone here own a red car? Also do you think that the color affects the price, as some rumors have hinted at?

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Hi Guys
    Same with the Camelion colors some manufactures which at one time was only one. It would take like 500 square feet of a high tech matalic sheet ground up to make one gallon of color.

That’s a LOT!!! icon_eek.gif

Quote:
    Hi Guys
    So what did I drop in theis forum to say icon_rolleyes.gif Hu I forget. Oh well

Must be Friday!!! icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

icon_cheesygrin.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

The way that paint works is it has tiny triangle and other multi sided shapes that as they fell on top of each other they would lay at different angles . Being the chips would be different color arrangements and laying in random angles and lite would reflect of the random shapes as you moved around the car you would see different colors form the lite fastening shapes. The First production car to have this paint was the Mustang and was called Mistic green wich was about the nicest they made . Its change was mild and not over powering . B.A.S.F had the contract with the manufacture that they would not release the formulars or the colors to anyone .When the contract had ended the manufacture sold to all the other leeding paint company’s . Beleive it or not If you owned one of these Mustags (Mistic Green) and you were in an accident BASF would only sell you the paint if you could produce the V.I.N. . and they would only send you what you needed to do the repair.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think you’re talking about ‘color-changing’ paint.

Fords are the only cars that I’ve seen with it.

Somebody in my neighborhood has a T-bird like that.

It changes to different shades of blue and purple.

To be honest, I don’t like it!!! icon_sad.gif

I’d rather see a nice solid color or a nice metallic.

Many decades ago metal-flake was popular and I hated it. YUK!!! icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

Seems like it was on EVERY dune buggy on the road. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes shadow these colors have there place . At one time I was falling over my self to get this paint on a car and now I think it is bets on particular panels instead . I think it is over powering and confuses the issue of the statement the car is suppose to be making.
    Realise this paint nets a thirsty price of no les than 2800 buck a GALLON. icon_eek.gif
    and as high as 6000.00 w00t.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Realise this paint nets a thirsty price of no les than 2800 buck a GALLON. icon_eek.gif

Yikes!!! Drogar-Cry(LBG).gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yes shadow these colors have there place . At one time I was falling over my self to get this paint on a car and now I think it is bets on particular panels instead . I think it is over powering and confuses the issue of the statement the car is suppose to be making.

icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

I know I saw a car like that at Jefferson this year, it changed all different colors as you walked around it. Personally I didn’t really like it. 😉

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.