Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Don’t be surprised……

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

if you see my car listed for sale on craigslist or carsoup.com. That’s right, the mustang fastback is available for a new owner.

I want to roll out something new for the 2009 car show season and will need to sell the mustang fastback to make that possible.

If I don’t purchase my next car locally, then I will widen my search to the Mecum Auction in St. Charles, IL or possibly the Silver Auction and Russo & Steele Auction in January.

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Marshall

Your Mustang is a beautiful car, it won’t take you long to find a new owner. As hard as it is to sell a nice car like that, it is always allot of fun to look for a new one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the kind words!

Like alot of the cars out there today, it is competitive, but still a work in progress. It has been a tremendous learning experience for me. I am excited about that next car that is just around the bend. Hopefully, I can put something together for the 2009 season and the first show of the season in Concord – The Annual Boondocker’s Street Rod Show.

Amigo2k

Let me know if your are interested in having me build a website for it with detailed pictures and descriptions.

something like this:

http://www.oldbug.com/turquoise67.htm

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Marshall, can you give me the details on your Mustang? I might have someone in mind that could be interested.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are the basics:

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2, Factory Color Twilight Turquoise, 3 Speed Manual Transmission, 289 (A Code) V-8 motor, black vinyl (standard) interior, offered at $27,500.

Let me know if you need a home phone number or cell phone number and I will provide that in a PM.

Thanks,
    Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Amigo2k,
    Thanks for your generous offer! Let’s see how it goes the next month or so, and if the car hasn’t gone to a new owner by November, I would love to have a website with an array of nice photos like the Turquoise ‘bug. I am going to start out locally with craigslist and maybe carsoup, and maybe a listing in the newspaper. After that, If needed, I will step up to collectorcartrader or maybe ebay. I know that GTO Man and Big Block, both, have had success on ebay.
    Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Here are the basics:

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2, Factory Color Twilight Turquoise, 3 Speed Manual Transmission, 289 (A Code) V-8 motor, black vinyl (standard) interior, offered at $27,500.

Let me know if you need a home phone number or cell phone number and I will provide that in a PM.

Thanks,
    Marshall

Marshall,

Let me know if I can do anything to help you out.

RivFan
    Participant
    Quote:
    Marshall,

Let me know if I can do anything to help you out.

Sounds like a cashiers check for 27 large would help him out Zac. If it was only a Mopar…

Anonymous
    Inactive

:haha:

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Let me know if your are interested in having me build a website for it with detailed pictures and descriptions.

something like this:

http://www.oldbug.com/turquoise67.htm

I’d be glad to give hosting space to it here too if it happens!

Good luck Marshall on selling it and finding a nice classic! Your car is beautiful and I know its new owner will enjoy it very much! icon_punk.gif

circletrack
    Participant

Yes, good luck in selling the car Marshall! I’ll admit I could never sell my Chevelle, we have so much time invested in it and knowing Steve built it for me ~ it’s staying put. It’s always fun to look for something new that grabs your attention though, any ideas what you’re looking for?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am looking for something bigger, like a full sized car, but it’s gotta be a convertible. I like the Ford Galaxie and the Chevy Impala, both from the mid 60’s. I like the Buick Skylark’s as well as the Oldsmobile Cutlass. I am looking for a car that is comfortable to cruise and a car that would be competitive at the car shows.

My dream car would be a 65 Impala SS, but these cars have appreciated so much that the price of a good one would be outside my reach.

Marshall

RivFan
    Participant
    Quote:
    I am looking for something bigger, like a full sized car, but it’s gotta be a convertible. I like the Buick Skylark’s as well…

Marshall

I like where you’re going with this Marshall, I think it’s time for you to step up to a Buick. The Skylark is a nice model, but would be tough to classify as “full sized.” One of my personal favorites (outside of Riviera’s of course) is the 1964 Buick Electra 225 convertible. Plenty of room for the whole family and nothing but class. Not a muscle car (which is maybe more of your taste), but you will not see another one at the local shows or cruise-ins!
    100_1365.jpg

100_1368.jpg

100_1369.jpg

Sorry, but this one’s owned by GM and part of their “Heritage Collection.” Buick also made a limited number of these cars with low back front bucket seats and a console shift. Talk about cool! You can’t go wrong with a classic deuce & a quarter imho…

Amigo2k
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Guys & Gals,

I love the Buick 225, and the car is a classic, but it is just too big for my garage, and too big to manuever around in.

I’ve said this before, but my dream car is a 65/66 Impala SS convertible or maybe a later year Caprice convertible. Running a close second is the Ford Galaxie and Skylark or Cutlass convertibles.

I will admit that the red Buick 225 is one gorgeous automobile, though.

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.