Welcome Forum Car Shows edgerton car show

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just wanted to relay some info for the Edgerton Tobacco Days car show.
    I can not remember what I put in my last message so I might repeat things that I said then.

We have added a anther Mustang class, peoples choice and a king and queen of show. There will be a cruise out to race track park where Best
    of show, peoples choice and king and queen will be awarded.

Entrance for the car show will be on Canal st off of Hwy 51/73, right next to the bank of Edgerton. Hwy 59W from stop lights to Swift st will be closed.
    We will be taking money when you pull in (unless your pre registered).
    You will get a band that will allow driver and car into the park. Unfortunatly
    there will be a $5.00 charge for anybody else in the vehicle. Kids 12 and
    under are free. I know this sucks but right know the tobacco days committe will only allow us 1 free entry to the park per car. We are tring to find a way to resolve this with out upping the entry fee so please bear with us. You can buy a pin that will get you in all weekend and enters you
    into a drawing to win $1000.00 for $9.00 at the gate.

There will be an oldies band “The Bell Cats” 3-7pm. Then “Crossfire” plays
    from 8-12pm. There is food and drink at the park.

This is the 1st time for the cruise, so if it seems a little confusing at first
    I’m sorry ahead of time. We will try to do the best we can. Any mistakes
    we make this year will be fixed next year, but I think we have got it figured out.

Once we get to the park there will be reserved parking for the show cars.
    We will have front row parking. The awards will be just after we get there.

We do have a website http://www.tobaccadayscarshow.com. This should be up
    on Monday.

There will be a lot of things going on in town. For anybody that’s never been there, there is an open air market at city hall, a book sale at the community center, art/craft fair at central park plus much more. most things are within one block of where the car show is at.

And last everybody is invited to be in the parade on Sunday with their cars

Ok I think I am done. Hope to see you there.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

This seems to be quite confusing just a week before the show… The car show itself is going to be held downtown, correct? I’m preregistered so don’t understand why I should have to pay for anyone else in the car when I’ve paid ahead of time?

If you think you are eligibile for one of the “special” awards (and everyone should feel that way) you have to go to the park? It seems wrong to take everyone to Racetrack Park, pay extra to get in and then not know if you win an award? Many don’t stick around after the show (no offense to the car show organizers) as we go to Culver’s in Stoughton for their cruise night before heading home after a long day out.

This is one of my favorite shows as it’s held downtown and there is plenty for everyone to do, but the changes seem odd.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to echo what circletrack said, also.

I am confused. Where is the show being held? How much is the entry fee on the day of the show? Do I understand that in order to receive an award, that you have to leave the show site and cruise to another location in order to receive the award later in the day?

Marshall

marvelous
    Participant

If I read this right, I pay $10 to get into the car show and then I have to pay $15 more , because of my wife and 2 grand kids are with me, to see who get the top trophies. Wrong. People are getting too money hungry. The cost of gas is sky high as it is. Here is the way it should be, we spend thousands of dollars building our cars, so I think you should be paying us to be there. We bring in a lot of people to look at the cars and then they shop. icon_vomit1.gif icon_headbang.gif

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I just wanted to relay some info for the Edgerton Tobacco Days car show.
    I can not remember what I put in my last message so I might repeat things that I said then.

We have added a anther Mustang class, peoples choice and a king and queen of show. There will be a cruise out to race track park where Best
    of show, peoples choice and king and queen will be awarded.

Entrance for the car show will be on Canal st off of Hwy 51/73, right next to the bank of Edgerton. Hwy 59W from stop lights to Swift st will be closed.
    We will be taking money when you pull in (unless your pre registered).
    You will get a band that will allow driver and car into the park. Unfortunatly
    there will be a $5.00 charge for anybody else in the vehicle.
    Kids 12 and
    under are free. I know this sucks but right know the tobacco days committe will only allow us 1 free entry to the park per car. We are tring to find a way to resolve this with out upping the entry fee so please bear with us. You can buy a pin that will get you in all weekend and enters you
    into a drawing to win $1000.00 for $9.00 at the gate.

There will be an oldies band “The Bell Cats” 3-7pm. Then “Crossfire” plays
    from 8-12pm. There is food and drink at the park.

This is the 1st time for the cruise, so if it seems a little confusing at first
    I’m sorry ahead of time. We will try to do the best we can. Any mistakes
    we make this year will be fixed next year, but I think we have got it figured out.

Once we get to the park there will be reserved parking for the show cars.
    We will have front row parking. The awards will be just after we get there.

We do have a website http://www.tobaccadayscarshow.com. This should be up
    on Monday.

There will be a lot of things going on in town. For anybody that’s never been there, there is an open air market at city hall, a book sale at the community center, art/craft fair at central park plus much more. most things are within one block of where the car show is at.

And last everybody is invited to be in the parade on Sunday with their cars

Ok I think I am done. Hope to see you there.

I think you need to print off the feedback you have recieved here and take it to your fellow committee members.

$10 to get into a show is about the average registration fee. However, you would have to be completely dedicated or completely insane to pay an addtional $5 per person in the vehicle to get them into the show also. To me, from reading your post, it appears as if the Tobacco Days Committee is attempting to cover the costs of the evening entertainment at the cost of those who would be bringing in THERE CARS TO A CAR SHOW THAT ALREADY ATTRACTS MEMBERS OF YOUR COMMUNITY. I see this as unfair to those who work hard to have there collector cars and truck. Marvelous is right, with Gas Prices at an all-time high, you want to have you show appeal to those with vehicles so that they do come to your show.

Take my post as constructive critiscm, it is not meant to offend. Unfortunately, if they do not change there registration policy, you won’t see me there – for $10 my girl should get in for free.

Anonymous
    Inactive

msmonte,

I am in agreement with marvelous.

I am sure that your heart (and the car show committee’s intent) is in the right place. But, this splitting up the car show and charging extra for wives/girlfriends/children/grandchildren/friends simply is unacceptable. It is not too late to change these plans. Waiting until next year to change the show would be too late. I would offer up the Stoughton Coffee Break show as an example of really nice shows that have fallen out of favor with the old car crowd due to unacceptable changes to the way the show is run.

I am not aware of any other show that charges extra for additional people that come in with a car. I don’t know of any other show that moves awards presentations to another location, later in the day. The Edgerton show has become a big show, and the day is long, and after the awards are given, most people want to be on their way back home, not to another location to wait for and watch for the “Best Of” awards being presented.

This Edgerton Show is very special to me. I won my very first car show award (a 3d place win in the Mustang Class) at this show in 2006. I will come to this show, and I will register and participate, but at the end of the downtown car show, I will be travelling back to Madison with two (or more) show cars that I travel with, not to another location to watch the “Best Of” awards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The show is still downtown. Everything is the same as last year. $7.00 for pre reg and $10.00 day of show. The trophies will be down town at 2pm.Best of Show, Peoples choice, king and queen will be at the park. I know where everybody is coming from. I really don’t like the fact of having to pay to get into the park after paying to show the car. We have one more meeting before the show. I will bring a copy of the comments to the meeting and see what can be done to get things changed before Sat.

If we could get 2 people in for free, that would equal the amount of what
    you paid for registration the day of the show.

Do you think this would be fair? How many people should get in for free?
    Please let me know so I can bring it before the committe.

I also want to say this fee for $5.00 for the park is set from the Tobbaco days committe. This money does not go to us. It goes to them. We are 2 seperate organizations. So please don’t think we are “Money Hungery”. The money that is made from the show goes back into the community.

circletrack
    Participant

I’ll be the first to say ~ if I pay to show my car that day, and be the entertainment from 7 until ?, I should NOT have to pay to get into a park. What is the point of moving everyone from downtown to the park? I know it’s a short distance, but I have a feeling if you in essence charge people DOUBLE that day to bring their cars and families into the park for an extra 10-15 minutes you are going to get NO ONE into that park.

What exactly is this $5 for? If you aren’t going to stick around after the awards, who is it rewarding? I’m all for helping out an organization or charity, but feel we’re being taken advantage of. This is totally wrong to punish the participants who bring their cars into town for the day, spend money to enter the show, eat lunch, possibly buy something at the various events and then pay extra for an award?

I’m not understanding any of this, you are going to ruin this show in a heartbeat! Where has this been done before that the organizers think it’s a good idea to get more money from an already tight economy? As is, it’s going to cost me $50 in gas to get there and back…

I highly encourage everyone to really think about the decisions you are making. There are also many people who will have no clue what’s going on until they get there that day and I can see many unhappy people, you don’t want that. Word gets out very quickly in the car show circles on the good and bad shows, you don’t want to be one of the bad ones.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow!!! Some significant changes with short notice, this is not going to work. I agree with all the comments on this forum. I hope you reevaluate your decision and return the show to its intended purpose: A quality Car and Truck Show. It appears that two groups are managing one show. Get rid of the new group and return to your previous format. You register vehicles not the number of people that come with the vehicle. Any charge outside registration of the vehicle is really unwarranted. Car Show participants should not have to subsidize the activities planned for the park. Save the Show for everyone by presenting all awards at the downtown location and eliminate the park. Why did you change the format anyway?

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I would say the show has become pretty bastardized after combining 2 organization commitees.

While the idea of having the main awards at the park is novel, it logistically does not work. Especially if another fee to the car show attendees is in place. Keep it simple.

I show all over the state, and the one thing that noticably ruins car shows are commitees that make the car owners/show-ers jump through hoops.

10-12 is average to attend a car show, but passengers ALWAYS get in free. Even premier shows like Hot Import Nights allow the passengers in with a registered vehicle.

If things arent resolved, be prepared for a very low turn-out this year and next year, as the car show circle is a pretty tightly knit group and news travels fast.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wouldn’t be so quick to judge, Tobacco Heritage Days is the town festival. There is a group of people that organize that festival. The car show is part of one of the many activities that weekend. The car show is run by a totaly different group of people, the same group for quite a few years, they want to try the cruise to the park to try and help out the festival. It is a very short cruise and we just want to see how it goes. I realize that you cannot make everybody happy but if people would just give this a try insted of the car show is going to be runied.
    The Tobacco Days Car Show in my mind is the best car show around. Edgerton has lots of car enthusiast’s and a lot of them are on the car show committee, these guys and girls put on one of the greatest shows, who are open to sugestions and comments.
    As for the guy bringing his family I would like to think that they will allow two free passes per car to the park, that covers your entry fee to the car show if you look at it that way. if that is not good enough I would be willing to pay the two other passes out of my pocket if that makes you feel better. The five dollars that people pay to get into the park goes to a non-profit organization that gets returned back to the community.
    Just think you have to wait till the next day at the Dells to get your trophy if thats what your there for, and thats one of the biggest shows around. I dont ever win a trophy at the dells but I stay for the second day.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To another note it looks to me that the main trophies will be given out downtown after the show as normal. The king and queen, best of show and peoples choice are the only ones at the park and the music will be going on before we get there. I would like to think they will let the winners of these awards know who they are before we go to the park.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I wouldn’t be so quick to judge, Tobacco Heritage Days is the town festival. There is a group of people that organize that festival. The car show is part of one of the many activities that weekend. The car show is run by a totaly different group of people, the same group for quite a few years, they want to try the cruise to the park to try and help out the festival. It is a very short cruise and we just want to see how it goes. I realize that you cannot make everybody happy but if people would just give this a try insted of the car show is going to be runied.
    The Tobacco Days Car Show in my mind is the best car show around. Edgerton has lots of car enthusiast’s and a lot of them are on the car show committee, these guys and girls put on one of the greatest shows, who are open to sugestions and comments.
    As for the guy bringing his family I would like to think that they will allow two free passes per car to the park, that covers your entry fee to the car show if you look at it that way. if that is not good enough I would be willing to pay the two other passes out of my pocket if that makes you feel better. The five dollars that people pay to get into the park goes to a non-profit organization that gets returned back to the community.
    Just think you have to wait till the next day at the Dells to get your trophy if thats what your there for, and thats one of the biggest shows around. I dont ever win a trophy at the dells but I stay for the second day.

It’s not that the entrants to the show are afraid of trying something different, it’s that your new plan will not work. I also go to the dells for the entire weekend, and do not win awards there. I pay $15 if I don’t pre-reg, which equals out to $7.50 per day. That is less than paying the normal $10 to get into a local show. The dells also doesn’t charge me extra for a passenger to ride in, so don’t start comparing your local show to Automotion – your show isn’t that big.

Your show is popular among many local car people. Msmonte posted the updates here to get a response to what attendee’s thought and she got it. No one is mad at or attacking her, and she was willing to put herself at the mercy of those who have show cars.

In my personal opine, your subject line “WOW! ARE WE AFRAID OF SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT??” is a return tactic on not being able to handle constructive criticism. Myself and other members of this forum are only trying to help you out. If your donating to a non-profit organization, you should have a donation stand available where spectators and attendees can donate additional money to whatever charity you are helping along with the $10 entry fee. Don’t make it a mandatory donation. You’ve got 3 days to make some changes if your and your group chooses to, and I hope you take the suggestions here to heart.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I never said that it was as big as automotion, I was using it as an example of other show that do different types of trophy presentation. They want to do something different of but everyone knows you cant make everybody happy. I am very sure they will have a great turnout and it will be a suscess.

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    I never said that it was as big as automotion, I was using it as an example of other show that do different types of trophy presentation. They want to do something different of but everyone knows you cant make everybody happy. I am very sure they will have a great turnout and it will be a suscess.

Automotion is a totally different show, no comparison at all. This show has been very well attended the last few years and everyone has been happy, there seems to be no need to make such radical changes at the last minute. If this was something planned, it should’ve been noted on the flyers you all handed/mailed out, not a few days before the show.

I still stand behind my decision in not making people pay extra to “cruise” 5 miles to Racetrack Park for an award they may or may not be eligible for. It’s a nice idea to have larger awards at a separate location, but crazy to pay extra for it. If this show is put on by car enthsiasts, they should know better than charging participants double for their show, what other shows have you been at that have done this? I’m thinking you can count them on one hand, if that. Put yourselves in our shoes ~ would you want to pay an extra $10-15??

We have many friends in the car show circle that plan(ned) on attending this year, but don’t count on many attending next year if you make changes like this. Like it or not, we are trying to help you out and it sounds like you are not taking our suggestions to heart. Again, there are many ways to ruin a good show and you’re heading in that direction.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its not that we are not taking it to heart, they just wanted to try a cruise to help out Tobacco days. I am sure if it dosen’t work out this year they wont do it next year. If I recall there is a form to fill out on your comments or sugestions, and I know for a fact that msmonte goes through every one of them and takes the comments to the meetings. I guess they talked this over at the meetings and everyone thought it might be a good idea. Maybe they can do something to get everyone in the car in the gate, I dont know.
    Sound like we are spliting hairs over something that is so minor as a trophy. I am intrested to see how it turns out, I am sure the staff wouldn’t mind hearing your comments on saterday.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.