Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions First Snow of the Winter

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Any bets on how inaccurate the forecast will be?

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Snowbound. Why would any business open today? The more deserted the roads are the quicker they can be cleaned up. It may be worse tomorrow with the much colder temps.

GTO Man

14″ to 24″ in my driveway, maybe one of these days I will get smart and buy a snowblower.

Amigo2k

I had 4 foot at the end of my driveway … Thank God for for 29 year old Toro!

circletrack
    Participant

Steve’s been out for the last 45 minutes trying to clean this mess up… Amazing storm, that’s for sure.

I can’t believe the number of people that either tried to make it home or decided they had to go out in it last night ~ heard the Beltline was nothing but a parking lot and there is stranded cars everywhere. We all knew this storm was coming and were told to stay put!

moparkid25
    Participant

Neighbor’s just got me cleaned out with the skid loaders. Drifts taller than myself, and I’m 6ft tall.

Anyone who loves winter can kiss my ass.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was one of those morons that went out into the blizzard this morning.

I needed to pick-up the wife at Meriter Hospital and bring her home from work, and left Fitchburg about 2AM. I’ve driven in bad conditions, but I had never seen anything like this morning. The snow was blowing horizontal to where it was “white out” conditions with gale force winds. None of the residential streets or main routes had been plowed, and there were abandoned vehicles everywhere. I was driving over snowdrifts as high as 2 to 3 feet in the middle of Fish Hatchery!

It was slow going to I made it there OK and we got home OK, too. I won’t soon forget that drive, though.

circletrack
    Participant

Glad to hear Marshall!! I’m pretty sure all the plows were pulled by about 10 p.m. last night and as the night went on they pulled all vehicles from the road ~ including four wheel drive trucks and such. It was just too dangerous to be out. I’ve never seen anything like it and I’m ready for spring to start anytime now! :)

One of our friends found a 3 foot drift inside his garage after the winds blew the side door open last night… not fun at all!

Amigo2k

not my car, but here is what happens if you left your window opened just 1 inch …

179327_496010963281_561103281_6177677_2389030_n.jpg

GTO Man

So what happened to the latest winter storm warning. It’s great that they blew the forecast.

circletrack
    Participant

We’ve had snow, ice and rain most of the day.. all that was predicted!

GTO Man

I am talking about their snow predictions. Even with their technology all they can do is give their best guess. And with the temperature being around freezing it makes it very difficult. It is entertaining to see them playing with their toys during a storm.

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.