Welcome Forum Car Shows Goodguys Madison not on event list for 2009

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    but the thing we go to see is the cars and we have an abundance of great cars.

Absolutely! Wisconsin is truly lucky because we have such a wide variety of wonderful cars and very dedicated people who love to restore them and just enjoy the hobby! icon_cheers.gif

GTO Man

Will any of you go to a Good Guys show in a neighboring state since there won’t be one here.

lordairgtar
    Participant
    Quote:
    Will any of you go to a Good Guys show in a neighboring state since there won’t be one here.

No

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:

Me either, it’s a shame they took something good right in our backyard away. It’s expensive enough to attend shows on the weekends without traveling 3-4 hours to get there, let alone the cost of everything else.

GTO Man

I received my Good Guys magazine today. I didn’t realize the Alliant Energy Center was in Middleton.

Xman
    Participant

LOL, I read that also. I also seen mention that next years could be better, at least thats what I thought I read. :doh:

jonmandude
    Participant

do you think they are going to say it will be worse? They say that every year, “next year will be even better”. Everybody says that. If they don’t think we deserve a Good Guys show, then they don’t deserve our money. Forget Good Guys.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

This is the one reason why I’ve never been a big fan of the huge national organizations, Goodguys being one of them. Its like they get to be so big that it becomes more about the revenue than the hobby.

They forget that its because of us in the hobby that they have an organization.

Take Nopi for instance…they grew their events so fast and so big that they completely lost thier attendee base by ignoring their wants/needs.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    This is the one reason why I’ve never been a big fan of the huge national organizations, Goodguys being one of them. Its like they get to be so big that it becomes more about the revenue than the hobby.

They forget that its because of us in the hobby that they have an organization.

Take Nopi for instance…they grew their events so fast and so big that they completely lost thier attendee base by ignoring their wants/needs.

Good point. I always thought their prices were high but we don’t have many shows like that around here. Like you said they have lost sight of what got them there in the first place.

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.