Welcome Forum Car Shows Here is My Judge Sheet From Pardeeville – WOW

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This hurts more than you know…..for those of you that know me or have seen my car, is it really this bad?! How can I get a “1” for originality of my engine when every single item, screw, piece of tape is exactly from the factory three years ago? And also for my trunk? Open, and completely clean? Please give me your honest opinion on my car if you have seen it this year…I feel awful for even showing my face and car with the rest of you now. I know this judge was extremely young and I was told he had never judged before, I just do not think my car was in this bad of shape. I will not take anyones comments hurtfully, I just can not believe how low this is….I have won trophys this year with my car from other shows….maybe you should all ask for a copy from Pardeeville?:(

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Now that I got home where I could open up the judging sheet, I can say without seeing your car, and it being an 09 model, that is a low score (if your Blue Charger is the car I believe it to be). Its hard to get experienced judges that know what they are looking at, and will donate the time year after year.

As Jon said, if you’re going simply for the award, you’re going for the wrong reason. There is nothing wrong with being competitive, but if your day revolves around winning that $10 trophy I think your time cant be better spent elsewhere. Its about meeting people who share the same interest as you, enjoying other people’s passions, and enjoying yourself.

There’s shows others rave about that I won’t attend because I think they suck (Albany), but I don’t beat a dead horse or discourage people from going.

Bigbluetruck
    Participant

You guys are not getting the point here.It`s not about me or my dissatisfaction with a paticular show its about every one who feels they were screwed over at a show.If you all keep calling these shows with issues a good show and say you will return to them again then why should these shows change anything about how it is run.You want a show to improve? Boycott that show and hit them were it hurts the most,in the pocket book.If you keep going to shows with issues they are not going to change, thats very obvious at a few shows that have issues. People bitch about the show but keep coming back for more. I`ve been to a lot of shows were i did not win and if everything was on the up and up i have no problems with that show. Some of you feel that if i don`t win i`m bitter, you are all wrong,i`m only bitter when it`s obvious that me or anyone else for that matter was screwed over.Some of you need to get off your high horse and join the rest of the world and try to do something to make changes instead of letting things go as they are.At least i`m trying to get the word out that we can change things at shows but it has to be a group effort and let some of these shows know we mean business. I have never told any one not to attend a show,thats there decision and let them decide if a show is good or not.I`m just expressing my point of view,you all can like it or not but don`t condemm me because i don`t share the same views as you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t mean to cause any fuss….I just wanted opionions on what others thought about the condition of my car as I think most of you on here know me and my car….Ryan, I will get photos uploaded and on here in the next day or two…I have some from a show this year. To clarify, I am a woman car driver, and I also drive my “show” car 365 days a year, all winter long since we purchased it in May 2009. I love coming to shows and come to enjoy the show and chat with people as well as look at all the great cars….yes, while it is nice to win a trophy, that is not or never will be my purpose for going to any show. This sheet was a big hurt to me and maybe I took it too personally.:dry: With me driving it every day, I am the one who spends hours each week just to try and keep it looking what I would call respectable enough to show. That’s why I was asking for others to chime in.

Xman
    Participant

We all know that some of the judges were not that qualified in Pardeeville. However we all looking at one judging sheet. Do we know what the cars score was that won? If it was a 43. We could say it was fair… As long as they were consistant across the board in this class. I know one of the problems that arose was there was so many cars that some of the judges we asking for help in their class. You can’t have one person judge fifteen of the cars in a class, and then throw in new judge and expect him/her to do the last five.

I do know that a couple judges were asked to do this and they refused. What one judge scored across the board as 1’s the next may score as 3’s..

Maybe we can all learn from this, and offer to help Pardeeville to get this improved for next year. Instead of all of us whining about it, and making personal attacks. :whistle:

maddog
    Participant

Xman, you hit the nail on the head. Judges are people and peoples opinoins will vary when then judging is a sliding scale from 1-10 or 1-5.
    One judge will score a vehicle differently than another it’s a matter of the judges experience and how familiar they are with the class or vehicle being judged.
    IMHO the only way you will get a vehicle fairly judged is if you were to enter you vehicle on a national car show circuit; like the world of wheels.

circletrack
    Participant

Consistency is the key to all fairness in judging; seeing there were over 700 cars and less than 15 judges, they are either going to have to split up the classes and get more judges or put a year limit on the show, which they do not want to do.

Not everyone wants to judge, it’s hard work and unrewarding in most cases. I do agree that instead of complaining about a show; maybe offer suggestions, ask what you can do to help.

John, I have been beat out by other cars at many shows, it happens. If I happen to win at a show – it’s a bonus and a bonus for that day when I’m in front of my peers – if not, I move on and go to the next show. Life is too short to worry about getting beat out by someone you think is less deserving. Winning is all in the eyes of the person judging your vehicle – may it be someone who has years of experience and knows what they are looking at, or someone walking by your car and voting for you because they like your car. Judges are not supposed to score you because they like the color, make or model of the vehicle, they are supposed to score based on the quality or condition of the vehicle.

Tbear, back to your original posting… Your judging sheet does confuse me, but again we don’t know what the judge was looking at, what other cars were in your class and so on. I do know that with that many cars, if you happen to score even 5 points less than the car in front of you, you can be out of the running for an award.

GTO Man

I am all worn out just reading this thread. It would be tough to find any of the cars we see at the shows to receive a score of 42. I certainly wouldn’t take a score like that seriously.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here are a few photos from my car at a show earlier this year as requested

Amigo2k

Looks like a nice clean car to me.

So as others stated, judging many times is based on the opinion of the judge.

The first stigma they would need to get over is your car is a 4 door. It should not effect your score, BUT again a judge may give you a lower score because it is a 4 door (it is just 1 person’s opinion, not a reflection of the entire show).

I do understand it is a daily driver, but that will not give you any extra points. It doesn’t mater if you drive it 365 days a year or you drive it out of your garage and then down the block once a year for a local car show.

If you want to highlight the fact that your car is a daily driver I would suggest having a sign board about your car and highlight that point. Also you may want to have some sort of display with your car (maybe in the trunk), stock ads, the window sticker … You need to do something different then the others in your class to stand out to the judges (over the Mustangs, Vettes, Camaros …).

Knowing a car is a daily driver, I as a judge, I would spend some extra time looking at the areas that old mother winter likes to eat up on our cars, like rims, rotors, calipers and anything under the car.

Clean is one way to draw people and judges to your car, but having other items to let folks know more about the car will also help to draw them to the car.

Again, you have a great car and I wish I had a daily driver that was nice enough to take to a show. Best of luck at your next show!

jonmandude
    Participant
    Xman wrote:
    We all know that some of the judges were not that qualified in Pardeeville. However we all looking at one judging sheet. Do we know what the cars score was that won? If it was a 43. We could say it was fair… As long as they were consistant across the board in this class. I know one of the problems that arose was there was so many cars that some of the judges we asking for help in their class. You can’t have one person judge fifteen of the cars in a class, and then throw in new judge and expect him/her to do the last five.

I do know that a couple judges were asked to do this and they refused. What one judge scored across the board as 1’s the next may score as 3’s..

Maybe we can all learn from this, and offer to help Pardeeville to get this improved for next year. Instead of all of us whining about it, and making personal attacks. :whistle:

Correct

thekcarguy
    Participant

Nice car but it is just a 4 door dodge charger..I see plenty of them daily on the highway…I know how it goes with owning a 4 door.. But of course mine is 31 years old and saved a company from going under… I was at lancaster a few weeks ago and there was a 95 Dodge Stelth in my class, I happened to have my 88 Aries that day. Well the Judges spent at least a good solid 10 minutes looking my car over. They headed on over to the Stealth and practically just glanced and checked off the sheet.. Guess who took home the gold that day…

To me the car needs more chrome, optional chrome wheels would really help it out a lot. Right now it looks kinda blah. But dress up those tires and add chrome and you should be in top shape. Another thing have dealership items.

For my 1981 Reliant I got an original K-car’s are coming T shirt, 1981 Aries hot wheels wagon, Chrysler Paper Dealership floor mat’s that say Chrysler customer Care. as well as motor trend magazine, and news paper clippings..

Judges like a display most of the time…

want a 4 door that get’s attention? Try this…http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/photogallery/albums/userpics/12479/523/GEDC1614.JPG

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is sad to get 1’s for what looks like no reason. :angry:

I just added a review of the show for Pardeeville. It is rather long but I do have an idea how to fix the judging problems. My idea would allow a limited number of judges to handle this show, even if there gets to be over 1000 cars someday.

Look at the review for Pardeeville title The Good – The Bad – and how to fix it for the future

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Here is My Judge Sheet From Pardeeville – WOW’ is closed to new replies.