Welcome Forum Car Shows (Hopefully) The 1st Annual Wisconsin Collector Car Car Show!

• Creator
    Topic
    hpdog259962
    Participant

WI Collector Car will be sharing a section w/The AACA @ The Illinois Railway Transportation Extravaganza on Sunday, Aug. 6th, 2006:

For Direction To The Illinois Railway Museum

Hope to get some WI Collector Cars out.
    The Will be a tour as well, it will contact the people who sign up for the show at a later date.

please Return To Me Or Mail To Address On Flyer:
    Union1.jpg

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Montefrazer do you know, I think you’re one of our closest members?

montefrazer
    Participant

Not sure right now about plans for August but don’t have any car to take to a show. Would only be a looker if I show up. Hope to pick up some parts at Iola to finish the Frazer engine and get it closer to being drivable again.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like you and MMRJR are in the same boat right now, he’s having his engine redone now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Gang …

My name is John, I am the absolute newest member on the Forum. I joined about 6 minutes ago!

I just saw the announcement about the Illinois Show and I want to say that if you have never been there, it is time to go. That is a wonderful show, as entry in the show also gets you entry into all of the railroad exhibits plus a ride on the steam train. Kids love it. Cars are everywhere!

I entered the show two years ago. I wound up parked next to 5 Pierce Arrows! And, I saw the only Packard Golden Hawk I have ever seen in my life! Every immaginable kind of car was there.

I URGE someone to put together a tour and drive down there in a bunch. It is straight south of McHenry about half an hour, and the roads are good.

I will do what I can to be there again and I look forward to meeting up with many of you.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Welcome Washbush,

The tour would probably be from Woodstock, McHenry, or Crystal Lake areas since I am a McHenry man myself. It would start off with breakfast (pay on you own) and a fairly short tour to Union (you wan’t good spots.)

Also, Washbush, since you just joined 6+ Mins. ago, you are now invited to this tour/ralley/show with the WI Collector Car Club. The Forum is on the first page, print it our and send it in. REMEMBER, we are club # 247 not, #7 as the form indicated, hope you can make it. We will be parked this year in Electric Av. section where there is a lot of shade. We will be next to the AACA, Chevy & Model T (?) clubs.

What car do you own?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings McHenry …

Oh do I have memories. I have spent many, many freezing cold, rainy days at the McHenry County Fairgrounds pouring over some old, rusty motorcycle junk only to get further frozen riding back home to Milwaukee in the rain. I am almost proud to say that I have finally given that up as a dumb idea.

I own two collector type cars. If there is some way to post a photo, or insert an avatar, I will show them to you. The first is a homemade three wheeled car. I wanted it to look like the Lotus and Jimmy Clark drove at Indy from 1963 to 1965. It is a perpetual work in progress and is never finished. It will be getting an electronic ignition this weekend, and maybe some work in the interior also.

The second on is a French Citroen called the 2CV. I know that there is quite a group of Citroen owners in the Crystal Lake area and I have meet with them once or twice. Just last month I tried to begin a Citroen Owners of Wisconsin club by setting up a Yahoo List called “CitroWisc”. There are so few of us tha nodoby knows anyone else and no attempts are ever made to get together. Until now. If anyone reads this who knows of a Citroen owner in Wisconsin, or if you northern Illinois guys want to jump in, send me your email address and I will send you an invitation and instructions on how to find the list.

I just checked the calendar for August 6. In addition to being the weekend before the MicroCar and MiniCar Nationals in Crystal Lake, it is a really busy weekend. So, I will have to sort through all of the options to see if I can go. But, I like that Railway Museum show very much. You can always tell a good show when the food is good. And, the food line at the Transport Museum was a mile long! As I recall, they even had good pizza.

Greetings everyone … I am glad to be on the list!

John Washbush
    West Allis, WI

montefrazer
    Participant

Hi John. wave.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

Yes, the food line is long, I warn ALL of you. If you think you might get hungry in an hour or so. Get in line.

Quote:
    Greetings McHenry …

Oh do I have memories. I have spent many, many freezing cold, rainy days at the McHenry County Fairgrounds pouring over some old, rusty motorcycle junk only to get further frozen riding back home to Milwaukee in the rain. I am almost proud to say that I have finally given that up as a dumb idea.

I own two collector type cars. If there is some way to post a photo, or insert an avatar, I will show them to you. The first is a homemade three wheeled car. I wanted it to look like the Lotus and Jimmy Clark drove at Indy from 1963 to 1965. It is a perpetual work in progress and is never finished. It will be getting an electronic ignition this weekend, and maybe some work in the interior also.

The second on is a French Citroen called the 2CV. I know that there is quite a group of Citroen owners in the Crystal Lake area and I have meet with them once or twice. Just last month I tried to begin a Citroen Owners of Wisconsin club by setting up a Yahoo List called “CitroWisc”. There are so few of us tha nodoby knows anyone else and no attempts are ever made to get together. Until now. If anyone reads this who knows of a Citroen owner in Wisconsin, or if you northern Illinois guys want to jump in, send me your email address and I will send you an invitation and instructions on how to find the list.

I just checked the calendar for August 6. In addition to being the weekend before the MicroCar and MiniCar Nationals in Crystal Lake, it is a really busy weekend. So, I will have to sort through all of the options to see if I can go. But, I like that Railway Museum show very much. You can always tell a good show when the food is good. And, the food line at the Transport Museum was a mile long! As I recall, they even had good pizza.

Greetings everyone … I am glad to be on the list!

John Washbush
    West Allis, WI

hpdog259962
    Participant

As it is now, we have a 1967 Olds Delta 88 going to the show.

Please send yours in now so you don’t have to pay $10.00 at the gate, just $5.00 to pre-reg. Time is running out.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info and work on this project hpdog! :salut:

GTO Man

How far is the show from Madison?

hpdog259962
    Participant

2Hrs, Unfortunatley.
    http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=madison,+wi&daddr=union,+il&ie=UTF8&om=1

Might go to Crystal Lake, IL for a all you can eat bkfst. and tour to Union if we get some vehicles to go, remember this is open to anything 1991 and older, cars, trucks, big rigs, motorcycles, you name it.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Unfortunately that’s a pretty long drive

hpdog259962
    Participant

It is quicker if you use County & Farm Roads. You can probably shave 1/2 hr. off your time. Maybe more, I’ll make up a route this weekend or this week if I can find the time. Trying to enter two clubs at once is VERY time consuming.

Hopefully the weather will be nice to us.

FYI: If you do plan on attending, please send in your forms by July 21st, If you think you might go & haven’t sent in the form at that time PLAESE let me know ASAP. Thank You.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Well, it seems that few of us pre-registered, there are tons of things going on everywhere. I’ll take some pics and maybe get at a good turn out next year.

If you go on the day of the show it is $10.00/car.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.