Welcome Forum Car Shows Hot Rod Power Tour 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    jonmandude
    Participant

I just thought I would inform all, if you don’t already know, that the Hot Rod Power Tour will be ending in Madison next year. They are scheduled to finish here at the Alliant Energy Center on Friday and Saturday, June 13 and 14, 2008. If you haven’t kept up on this, each year they start at one place and drive for a week to various spots. Each ending city is the beginning city the following year. This has become a huge event each year drawing people from all over the US and Canada. That makes two large events for Madison for the next two years!!!

I, for one, am looking forward to next summer.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I’m thinking of going on the Mo-powered tour next year.

This runs with the HRPT except for the fact that Chevy is a big sponsor, and threw a fit when Mopar Performance wanted to get involved.

Either way is fine, but when push comes to shove its brand loyalty thumbsup.gif

icon_headbang.gif

GTO Man

It would be fun to join them at the Dells and drive into Madison with them. How many cars are usually on the tour?

jonmandude
    Participant

I have heard that last year was up around 3500. But that is only what I have been told, I do not know facts. You can check hotrod.com. They have more info.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I have heard that last year was up around 3500. But that is only what I have been told, I do not know facts. You can check hotrod.com. They have more info.

😯 Wow! Just a small crowd! :yikes:

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is great news for the Madison area! This year it was cars on St. Street, and the Good Guys show.

I too am interested in finding out if you have to be a long hauler or if you can jump in for the last leg or two.

I’m sure you could find a place to set up a chair to watch the cars drive by!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Absolutely!!!

What a Great Idea.

I would love to know the travel route, and go out about one hour from Madison and set up and just admire the cars/trucks as they make their way towards Madison and the Alliant Energy Center!

I have this event already penciled in my 2008 calendar.

Marshall

GTO Man

Looks like they are coming into Madison on June 13th. On the 12th they will be in Rochester MN. So they could be intercepted somewhere in between. Jonmandude, congratulations I see your car is on Hot Rod’s home page.

Here is a link to the route: Hot Rod Power Tour Route

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe we need to try to get the Madison area folks to meet up at a spot in the dells and pick a time to drive back to Madison.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was reading the Power Tour message forum last night and determined the following details:

1. 65 bucks if you want to drive the entire power tour
    2. 20 bucks if you want to drive one leg of the tour
    3. There is a lead SUV (not that you have to follow it)
    4. Last year there were about 4500 cars (long haulers = drive the entire tour= ~2000; and the rest were folks that did a leg or two)
    5. There are already groups of folks signing up to have semi carriers transport their cars to the start.
    6. The ave cost of food, hotels and gas for most last year was 2000.00 (long hauler).
    7. The power tour has been going on for 9 years.

Seeing that they are driving through IA and stopping in MN, I would bet they pick up a bunch of folks from these states, and they will add to the numbers driving into Madison.

So in 2009, it means they start in Madison. I would like to drive that first leg for sure in 2009.

GTO Man

I wouldn’t mind hooking up with them in the Dells and driving into Madison. It sounds like they will be at the Alliant Center for a couple of days.

jonmandude
    Participant

What I have gotten from the Hot Rod site is that most people come in on Friday with the tour and leave Saturday morning to drive back home. Many do not stay for two days.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

We should get a group of us together who want to go and can join this cruise down from the dells

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was a Long Hauler in 2004. It was a great time. If you plan to join in
    I would recommend that you preregister. I believe preregistration is due in
    May at a cost of $45.00. Tell them where you will pick-up your goody bag.
    and they will have it for you. I have not received my registration info yet
    I will let you know what it entails. Joining the Tour in The Dells would be a
    great spot.

GTO Man

What is offered for the registration?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Any info on this?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.