Welcome Forum Car Shows Hot Rod Power Tour 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    jonmandude
    Participant

I just thought I would inform all, if you don’t already know, that the Hot Rod Power Tour will be ending in Madison next year. They are scheduled to finish here at the Alliant Energy Center on Friday and Saturday, June 13 and 14, 2008. If you haven’t kept up on this, each year they start at one place and drive for a week to various spots. Each ending city is the beginning city the following year. This has become a huge event each year drawing people from all over the US and Canada. That makes two large events for Madison for the next two years!!!

I, for one, am looking forward to next summer.

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Nice post on the possible route from MN to WI.

http://forums.hotrod.com/70/6574816/power-tour/08-power-tour-routeroads-traveled/index.html

most likely it will be Hwy 14 (right by QSL).

any thoughts were the Madison gang might want to jump in at?

moparkid25
    Participant

ddhemi and I are doing three legs of the power tour this year. From Ames, IA to Rochester, MN and home to Madison

icon_headbang.gif

Amigo2k
    Quote:
    ddhemi and I are doing three legs of the power tour this year. From Ames, IA to Rochester, MN and home to Madison

icon_headbang.gif

Nice! Sounds like a sweet road trip!

jonmandude
    Participant

I may have to join you two. What are you going to be driving?

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I may have to join you two. What are you going to be driving?

Most likely a Viper. jumpy.gif

Amigo2k
    Amigo2k
    jonmandude
    Participant

Hey moparkid25, where are you and ddhemi staying in Rochester? And when are you going down to Ames?

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Hey moparkid25, where are you and ddhemi staying in Rochester? And when are you going down to Ames?

We are going to Ames on Weds the 11th. Our plan is to drive down there while everyone else is driving up from St. Louis. I had to get a motel room a couple miles away from ISU because everything was already booked up. Up in Rochester I got closer to the community college and are staying at a place with underground parking. I’ll have to look up the name of the joint.

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.