Welcome Forum The Lounge How is the current administration doing?

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

How is the current administration doing on domestic and international issues? What are the strengths and weaknesses?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    hpdog259962
    Participant

I think too soon to tell. Let’s how prices with Gas goes first.

GTO Man

Current adminstration is doing a lousy job. Runaway spending, in a war we can’t win, horrible environmental record, jobs going overseas, sky-high fuel prices.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The fuel prices suck, but I think its a step in the right direction by opening up Alazka for oil drilling. We rely way to much on other nations. If the drilling can be done safley, I believe it can, then I am all for it.

As far as the war is conscerened we are in a tight spot. No one wants to keep troops there, but if we leave a bigger ass the Saddam will just take power. Unfortunatley we just got to stick it out.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I found this pic, thought my fellow coders might enjoy it:
    protest.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think they could do a better job.

Anonymous
    Inactive

:bs: This admin is doing the same as the last admin and the
    one before that and the one before that……blah blah blah.

They are in their own little world, and running our world
    at the same time. Do worry, you will be well taken care of. icon_rolleyes.gif

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! :scared:

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Not what I would like to see. This administration has lied to the american people on numerous occasions, including the entire reason for the Iraq war. See http://www.afterdowningstreet.org for more info on that. In my opinion a lie that costs thousands of American + innocent Iraqi Civilian lives is inexcusable.

GTO Man

I think the current polls reflect well on how the administration is doing. His percentage is in the low 30’s. THe current administration is inept, that is obvious. From Bush’s lying about getting into the Iraq war to the corrupt Cheney and other members.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Damn!….thought I was going into a “bash Garibaldi ” thread. Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Well my opinion on the Bush administration…….. well I think going into Iraq was right but they did for all the wrong reasons…. Think that about sums it up. icon_cheesygrin.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

Ooops. Well, Time TO Edit. Drogar-BigGrin(LBG).gif
    j/k Garibaldi.

Quote:
    Damn!….thought I was going into a “bash Garibaldi ” thread. Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:

Well my opinion on the Bush administration…….. well I think going into Iraq was right but they did for all the wrong reasons…. Think that about sums it up. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yeah, that ‘baldi character really isn’t very good at runnin’ this joint Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

:haha:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think Bush is doing a fine job. The war in Iraq, in the eyes of the media, has morphed into a war over WMD’s. When in reality it was over Saddam’s numerous violations of the treaty that ended the first gulf war, and the fact that Saddam was paying the families of suicide bombers $25,000. Not to mention that he had chemical weapons (which we did find). The only reason we didn’t take Saddam in the first Gulf war was because the French objected.

In so far as gas prices are concerned, gas is still realtively cheap. I consider anything udner $2.50/ gallone to ba a gift. It hasn’t even kept up with the government reported inflation figures (which would have it at $3.00 gallon). Now if the government accutately reported inflation, that figure might be closer to $4.00/gallon. Bush is in favor of drilling in Alaska and off the coast of California and pro-nuclear. We would not have any of these things if we had a Democrat in office. And gas and oil would therefore be much higher if we had president Gore or Kerry. Duh.

The only things Bush has really done wrong was failure to seal the border, praising the FEMA dude right after Ketrina, and this stupid prescription drug program for seniors (like we need another welfare program). I suppose Gore or Kerry would have done any better? I don’t think so.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well as far as gas is concerned I know the estimated cost that it should be at today is $2.52 a gallon based on relative inflation. That’s all fine and well, however, the cost of living has not remained proportional to this increase. Because of this fact, it is too expensive relative to the average income

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Well as far as gas is concerned I know the estimated cost that it should be at today is $2.52 a gallon based on relative inflation. That’s all fine and well, however, the cost of living has not remained proportional to this increase. Because of this fact, it is too expensive relative to the average income

Actually the cost of living has gone up as well. Ever go grocery shopping? How about new car shopping? Seen the prices of houses in most places lately? It’s the wage part that hasn’t kept up.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.