Welcome Forum The Lounge Illegal Aliens

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

How should this problem be handled?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    montefrazer
    Participant

First the imigration laws need to be changed. I won’t go into it here, but they are a mess. Then lock down the borders so nothing gets through without being checked. This will also help with the drug and terrorist problems. After that, find every illeagal and go over their status. Some you deport and some you give amnesty. I know this will cause several years of chaos and upset companies that use illeagals, but this problem can’t be solved without some pain. I really hate Bush’s “Guest Worker” proposal.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    First the imigration laws need to be changed. I won’t go into it here, but they are a mess. Then lock down the borders so nothing gets through without being checked. This will also help with the drug and terrorist problems. After that, find every illeagal and go over their status. Some you deport and some you give amnesty. I know this will cause several years of chaos and upset companies that use illeagals, but this problem can’t be solved without some pain. I really hate Bush’s “Guest Worker” proposal.

And on that same note there recently was a law passed that allows the government to immediately deport any illegal aliens found within a certian range of the borders, either Mexico or Canada. So yeah, that sounds like a good idea. But if you read the fine print you find that this immediate deportation (basically the whole purpose of the bill) applies only to non Mexican and non Canadian citizens. In other words this only applies to less than 5% of the illegal aliens coming across the borders!

GTO Man

This topic has been getting alot of press lately. Lou Dobb’s does a great job of reporting on the problem. Something needs to be done, sooner rather than later. If we didn’t have jellyfish for politicans in this country, maybe something would be done.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    This topic has been getting alot of press lately. Lou Dobb’s does a great job of reporting on the problem. Something needs to be done, sooner rather than later. If we didn’t have jellyfish for politicans in this country, maybe something would be done.

I completely agree, this has gotten way out of hand. “Broken Borders” is one of Lou’s main features, and its important that he is taking time to address this vital and important issue

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is no easy answer to this, but it is an issue that needs to be looked at seriously.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Let them dry out completely and use them for firewood.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am in agreement with most of the postings above. IMHO, the government needs to put some teeth into the “enforcement” aspect and actually enforce the laws already on the books and deport illegal aliens. I can tell you first hand that here in Wisconsin that illegal aliens and those without permission to be here and to be working are not deported, not even detained or arrested unless they have committed a felony offense. When law enforcement can’t uphold and enforce the laws on the books already, what would new laws do to address the problem? Many of the agencies with responsibility for enforcing and deporting have been stripped of manpower and resources to the point that they are ineffective.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:

Good call cap! thumbsup.gif haha

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Quote:

Good call cap! thumbsup.gif haha

icon_cheesygrin.gif

I’m tired of us legal citizens paying for welfare for illegals. It’s a huge problem here, being a border state icon_rolleyes.gif

If they have issues with their government, let them solve it at home.

All it would require for Mexico to become a wealthy, thriving country is for them to sell us their oil at a rate below OPEC’s. But nooooooooo ….the government there is so corrupt, and is such a class system ….it’s a mess.

So the average Mexican is dirt poor. But …..and this is a big “BUT” ……it’s not our problem. We’re not the caretakers for the whole frigging continent, despite what some think.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

We have many many many problems here at home that we need to resolve first before we go around helping other countries. We’re no good to them if we go under, so we need to fix ourselves first

Anonymous
    Inactive

G Man, no truer words have ever been spoken.

“Before one can clean up the world, one needs to clean up their own back yard first”.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:

“Before one can clean up the world, one needs to clean up their own back yard first”.

Marshall

Well spoken Marshall!!! :salut:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:

Marshall

:salut:

Anonymous
    Inactive

If we simply executed illegal aliens (immediately upon capture) the problem would disappear. I would also execute any who hires, transports, sells real estate to, or helps illegal aliens in any way.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    If we simply executed illegal aliens (immediately upon capture) the problem would disappear. I would also execute any who hires, transports, sells real estate to, or helps illegal aliens in any way.

Well that’s one solution w00t.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.