Welcome Forum The Lounge Illegal Aliens

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

How should this problem be handled?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

With all the press illegal aliens are getting recently I think people are finally getting fed up with the situation. They are getting very bold in what they are demanding. People have to start complaining very loudly to their representatives. Unfortunately I think most of our politicians are are so dirty they won’t listen anyway. They don’t represent the people who elected them, they represent the special interest groups who give them money.

montefrazer
    Participant

True, unfortunately. crybaby2.gif Just send your congressman to Scotland to give a speech, play a round of golf, and eat a five star dinner and you will be listened to. BangHead.gif Something should be done, but the big companies love illegals. Illegals keep their costs down and don’t complain about the work they do or the pay and benefits they get. Illegals know better than to complain. They would be replaced the next day by another illegal. Big companies have lots of money. Money talks. Lots of money screams. These press stories will last until the next big disaster or scandal and then will be forgotten. The only thing Bush wants to do about illegals is make it easier for them to come and stay here. w00t.gif I don’t think anything is going to happen soon, and when something does happen, it won’t be good.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Just send your congressman to Scotland to give a speech, play a round of golf, and eat a five star dinner and you will be listened to

:haha:

Anonymous
    Inactive

montefrazer has got it quite right!

Just take a look around at any fast food restaurant, car wash, service job such as house painting, dry wall hanging, etc., and what do you see. These folks cherish these jobs and their owners are making a bundle by charging full rate and using half rate employees who are happy to have the work.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    montefrazer has got it quite right!

Just take a look around at any fast food restaurant, car wash, service job such as house painting, dry wall hanging, etc., and what do you see. These folks cherish these jobs and their owners are making a bundle by charging full rate and using half rate employees who are happy to have the work.

Marshall

Well said!!! :salut:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good Topic. I had to read a few posts a couple of times. But what MMRJR is very very true. Day laborers are very plentiful around out town. Any day you can go by a few areas and see 20-30 people waiting to be picked up. A friend in our subdivision used 4 for over a week doing yard work and laying sod down. He paid them over 1000.00 for a weeks worth of work plus he bought them lunch everyday and had water and sodas for them. He had already gotten a quote from a Landscaping Company to do the same work and they quoted him 2000.00 for the labor alone, and said it would take 3 weeks to complete.

GTO Man

Until the government starts penalizing the companies hiring the illegals nothing much will happen. They are causing downward pressure on wages in many areas. People have lost standard of living because salaries have not kept pace with rising costs.

montefrazer
    Participant

“Until the government starts penalizing the companies hiring the illegals…”

The government spends more time and money helping companies hire illegals than it does penalizing them. When it is all over and legislation is signed, we won’t need the border patrol. The borders will be wide open to anyone who wants to enter.
    PS If you’re reading this George, go back to the ranch. You need some time off after getting hit by that Cricket pitcher.

GTO Man

I wish George never would of left his little ranch. This country is in such a mess I don’t know how it is going to get out of it. It has gotten to be a government of the lobbyists not the people.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I wish George never would of left his little ranch. This country is in such a mess I don’t know how it is going to get out of it. It has gotten to be a government of the lobbyists not the people.

I believe he has taken the most vacations of any president in history, most of them at his ranch

Anonymous
    Inactive

His ranch is almost like the Southern White House…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    His ranch is almost like the Southern White House…

With cattle out on the front lawn…

GTO Man

Another review this year with no raise. Not because of illegal aliens but foreign workers coming into this country and taking jobs from American citizens. Pathetic, and the government opens the door for them.

hpdog259962
    Participant

These 3 Are Good For Me:

Make the borders secure.
    Fine companies who use their labor.
    Deport anyone here illegally.

montefrazer
    Participant
    Quote:
    Another review this year with no raise. Not because of illegal aliens but foreign workers coming into this country and taking jobs from American citizens. Pathetic, and the government opens the door for them.

Bet your top company officials won’t have that problem. w00t.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.