Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions IMHO……

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

there are way too many “special limited edition” Mustangs.

I just learned of another. Here is the info:

“Ford, Barrett-Jackson, and Shelby Automobiles have collaborated to create a limited edition ’08 Barrett-Jackson Shelby GT. To be sold through Arizona Region Ford Dealers, the package includes unique components such as a black exterior with “Barrett-Jackson Red” LeMans and side stripes, Barrett-Jackson doorsill plates, and a special gas cap insert”

Ford is introducing the ’08 Bullitt, in addition to the other special limited edition cars such as the California Special, the GT500, the Shelby GT.

Chip Foose, Jack Roush, and others have their limited edition Mustangs. Now I learn of the A. J. Foyt special, limited edition Mustang. “Limited to 500 units, the A. J. Foyt Coyote Edition Mustangs will be built by Heritage Customs, Grand Prairie, TX.”

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

lol, it shows how desparate ford is. they literally are putting all of their eggs in one basket, and the basket isnt even all that good. granted that the gt500 edition has some nice hp and torque numbers, it still suffers from poor quality materials, huge tolerances (part size variance) and other bugs. the mustang is a shell of its former self.

jonmandude
    Participant

Don’t forget the Shebly 500 KR Edition.

I agree there are WWAAAYYYY too many special edition Mustangs.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Don’t forget the Shebly 500 KR Edition.

I agree there are WWAAAYYYY too many special edition Mustangs.

I like what they’ve done with the KR but I agree, it is pretty ridiculous how many variants there are out there now

Anonymous
    Inactive

Eclipse-Tuner does make a good point. It would appear that Ford is banking on the Mustang and the F-100 truck line to keep the company alive and competing.

I have been a true blue, through and through, Mustang enthusiast for many years, both vintage and new cars, and I have trouble keeping all these special limited editions straight in my mind. I can only imagine how confusing it could be for a novice or someone with only a casual interest in these cars. As an example, I would point out the 2006 Hertz Shelby GT-H, and Ford’s 2007 GT-H that is only a cosmetic replica of the Hertz Shelby GT. Even in 2008, there could be as much as $25K to $35K difference in the price between these two similiar cars.

There is one car, though, that deserves some special mention. I think the 2008 Mustang Bullitt will be a nice collector car. Production will be 7.700 units in the US and Canada, with a MSRP of $31,075. These cars will be devoid of any special badges or markings and lack exterior scoops and spoilers, just like the original movie car. Colors will be Dark Highland Green or Black. What this car will lack cosmetically will be made up with performance upgrades and suspension and chassis changes.

jonmandude
    Participant

I think Ford has captured a nostalgia audience with the current Mustang, which is great for them, and they are trying to capitalize on that with a tribute to every special edition they have ever had. Will they do a Boss 9 tribute? That I would get in line for.

GTO Man

I would agree with the overabundance of Mustang variations. I think they are milking a good thing. Now everyone and their brother want to have their own variation. It kind of waters down the original.

I like the Bullitt 2008 Mustang also. I think they are doing it right this time.

A desperate company will sometimes take measures they may regret.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would agree that a Boss 302 or Boss 429 would be a big hit if the styling and performance remained true to the original cars. This could be a performance car that Ford could do in-house, without getting Shelby or AJ Foyt or Chip Foose involved in the car.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Has anyone seen a KR in person yet?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not a KR yet, but I did see a Vista Blue GT500 on the road, of all places, at Menards on the east side, last Sunday.

Amigo2k

I saw a new Hertz Mustang while I was out in AZ.

GTO Man

I haven’t seen any of the new Mustangs yet. Does anyone plan on attending the auction at Ford Man’s Mustang up by Wisconsin Dells?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had seriously thought about going, but my daughter has a HS conference soccer game in the Milwaukee area in mid afternoon, so it’s not looking good for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

just another way to make more money… sigh

GTO Man

Did anyone see the P51 edition Mustang from Jack Rousch on Barrett Jackson over the weekend. It was very well done and had quite an engine in it. I think that one was worth doing. I think they made 150 of them.The new ROUSCH P-51A engine has a preliminary rating of at least 510 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. torque.

zzzzz5.jpg

zzzzz6.jpg

zzzzz7.jpg

zzzzz8.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’m not sure I’m a fan of the pea-soup green, but other than that it is nice!

Quote:
    just another way to make more money… sigh

You’re absolutely right, and it is short-sighted of them because these new variations will sell to a certain extent but they could have much more success if they would put out another top-notch design! thumbsup.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.