Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Is anyone else sick….

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

… of hearing Scott Walker getting bashed?

I know there are members here who are employed by the State, and thats fine. I’m not picking on you. But I need to express my two wooden nickles on this whole thing.

I see no issue in an employee having to contribute to there own health plan and retirement. Those of us in the private sector have had to do this, and given the current ecomonic climate, we need to “cut some fat” with our budgets. The Unions claim to be for the people, but in reality they are only for the people they are protecting. I’ve seen firsthand what the UAW gets away with on the Auto Assembly Lines, and its crap.

The education system is broken. Teachers are being paid way too much and kids are learning so little. The school system is too light on kids, as they were when I was in school 12-15 years ago. The education system doesn’t teach any hands on experience, its all sit in front of the computer and google you answers. As was the case in my day, some teachers don’t want to teach you history of the world, they want to teach there opinion.

If I were asked on how to change things, this is what I would do:

-All state jobs would be eliminated. Re-hire those employees from the private sector, offer them a fair wage with a benefits package and a retirement option, such as an IRA or a 401k. Union interference would be extinct. If you are unhappy with your position, you are free to go.

-Educators would have to earn there pay, i.e. have a wage scale based on performance and review. If you’re a good educator, you will be paid well. If you are not, there’s always McDonalds.

That’s the take of a guy who’s been in the private sector and never had a Union protected position.

Viewing 7 replies - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just retired last week. I have always been thankful for what I had over the last 46 years. What is going on today is nothing new. The US is changing, change is hard but necessary. When the dust settles we will all be different.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congrats on the Retirement!

Marshall

GTO Man

PT50Man, congratulations on the retirement.

GTO Man

Looks like all the area schools are closed tomorrow. This may be inconvenient for some people but the message it sends is much more important.

I heard there are some firefighters coming from Nebraska to show support. If I can I will take off and go downtown. It is time for all workers to say we will not be pushed around and lose benefits.

GTO Man

This is what has made Madison a great city(at times), people willing to stand up for what they believe is right, whether it was during the Vietnam War era or now. The people in this country have become far too complacent.

circletrack
    Participant

Not all the schools, there are several in the area that are still waiting…

mick289
    Participant

I’d like to see the numbers of people supporting this if the weather was what it was last week. You in door all day people wouldn’t last very long in those balmy negative temps. I don’t have a side in this, spouse was forced into retirement at 55 by the goverment. Downsizing! Luckily with forced retirement she gets a pension and free health insurance. Now tell me that isn’t nice. But it all costs and I understand. I have 14 years with Local 200. I no longer am in the union because of being overpaid. It wasn’t downsizing it was the private sector working for less. Illegal aliens! Times are changing and hanging on to whatever you have isn’t always the best. Looking ahead instead of behind I’ve found out can steer you out of trouble. Whining is what we do best and Democrats are always great at building signs. I don’t like what Walker did but something has to be address and done.

Viewing 7 replies - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.